Talk

Advanced search

Second pregnancy ending in mc

(4 Posts)
Andifyoudontfirstsucceed Fri 26-Dec-14 20:43:43

So this time I made it to 6 weeks 3 days before the spotting started... The bleeding came at 6 weeks 6 days. Epu cannot scan me until Monday - bu. I am sure after the cramping I have had that that will only tell me one thing... I have miscarried again. Yesterday was awful as my sisters in laws had a baby with them which I did not expect (thought he was older) ... My dad was playing wit him which threw me over the edge -queue tears and the moral support from those who knew. What's worse is those there yesterday most likely thought my dh and I were fighting... Not going threw another mc. This is so hard... Everyone is so happy... How can I ask friends for support? It'll ruin their holiday as it is ruining mine!

Am I ever going to be a mom?

SweepTheHalls Fri 26-Dec-14 20:46:46

They will want to be there for you. I am so sorry for your loss, it is such a hard thing to go through and tough to be around babies. flowers

CandieFlopz Sat 27-Dec-14 19:26:06

I feel your pain. I'm in the same position. My first MMC was at 10 weeks at the start of the year. I'm now 6 weeks but I'm cramping and spotting. I'm waiting for the real bleeding to begin (and willing it to start so I can get on with new year etc). I too have an EPU scan on Monday, but that'll just confirm what I already know.

The thing that has got me through this Christmas is telling my close family and friends. I've not had to put on a brave face, go for drinks, or even get dressed if I dont want! Good friends will be there for you no matter what the season.

squizita Sun 28-Dec-14 21:31:00

flowers They will want to look out for you. My mates were all lovely when I had my losses, really helped.

I lost 3 pregnancies to sticky blood but now have a healthy and normal 3 month old baby in her crib to my right. Statistically, I'm a badly off recurrent miscarrier but my odds of success each pregnancy are 60%+ ... after 2 your odds are even better. It's very likely pregnancy 3 will work out OK when you're up to trying again. Sending you loads of good luck thoughts for the future and hugs for now.

There is a very good book by Lesley Regan, a famous Ob/Gyn, which can give you the science behind the stats. It's quite hard hitting, but that makes it better IMO because with zero sugar coating you still get told that most women get their rainbow baby eventually. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now