Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage at 17+3 - high risk?

(5 Posts)
WesleyB Tue 23-Dec-14 13:53:40

Hi everyone
Sadly a routine scan showed that my baby had no heartbeat and I miscarried in hospital last Friday. I am struggling through and finding all the same issues many of you have mentioned due to hormones and the awful experience of delivering my tiny baby. It was buried this morning and I am trying to get my head above water a little bit.

I have two healthy children ages 5 and 3. My main question is if anyone knows whether I will be a higher risk pregnancy if we try again? Do we get any extra scans or consultant appointments? We don't currently know what caused the loss this time around....

Thanks

Xx

Shorty2014 Tue 23-Dec-14 18:12:21

Hi,

I am so sorry for your loss �� it is so heartbreaking.

I know everyone is different and has different circumstances but I lost my little boy at 16+5 in October. We had an appointment with the hospital to be told the results from post-mortem and everything was fine - no reason as to why I miscarried. But for the future pregnancy they said I would have a scan every 2 weeks to make sure my cervix isn't opening and I may need progesterone everyday from 12 weeks. So in my case I will checked more regularly than normal.

I hope this helps ��

Hope you are looking after yourself too. If you need a chat feel free to on me xxx

WesleyB Tue 23-Dec-14 19:12:59

Thanks for replying. I am struggling at the moment my husband is back
At work, I am shattered and screaming at my kids.

Did they say that your mc may have been due to cervix opening early? I am hoping for extra support if we conceive again as i would hate to be in the dark and relying on standard tests as they didn't work this time round!

Shorty2014 Wed 24-Dec-14 17:00:31

Aww I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time at the moment �� just try to relax as much as you can. How far along was you?

I work with children so I know how stressful it can be when you are going through such a hard time ��

I had started leaking the fluid which meant my cervix was opening too early but as it was my first pregnancy - I didn't have a clue I was leaking ��.

But through my whole pregnancy, I was told that there were things wrong with my baby and turned out he was perfectly healthy which made me very upset.

Did you have a post mortem done? If so they should have the results back in a few weeks and will be able to tell you more ?

Take good care of yourself. Always here if you need a chat xxxx

Shorty2014 Wed 24-Dec-14 17:01:12

Sorry just re read the title! Silly me xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now