Talk

Advanced search

Ectopic pregnancy and waiting to TTC again

(6 Posts)
Blueskygirl30 Sun 21-Dec-14 17:29:45

I found out just over a week ago that my pregnancy (the first time I've been pregnant) was ectopic. I was lucky enough to find out early enough to be treated non-surgically with a methotrexate injection. My hcg levels are going down nicely now and I've had bleeding and finally have stopped crying on a daily basis so I'm beginning to feel like this is all over and am looking forward to TTC again. It took almost 6 months to get pregnant this time and am feeling a bit lost being in limbo waiting to try again, whilst also being quite nervous about the fact that I now have a scarred tube and my chances of another ectopic are a lot higher than they were first time. I don't know if this is the right section to be in but I wondered if there's anyone else out there in a similar situation or anyone who has been in this same scenario.

addictedtosugar Sun 21-Dec-14 18:17:44

I'm sorry to hear about your ectopic.

Have you found the chat boards form the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust who have loads of info, and people who have gone through something similar.

I had my tube removed following an EP in 2006. Since then I have had 2 successful pregnancies, and now have 2 amazing boys.

Blueskygirl30 Sun 21-Dec-14 21:37:15

I'm sorry to hear you also had an EP but that's so great to hear that you now have 2 sons. Thank you for that link, I will have a look at it now.

Caitmous Mon 22-Dec-14 00:16:51

Hi BlueSkyGirl, I had an ectopic pregnancy surgically removed last Christmas. Am now 15wks pregnant. Has been a tough time ttc, with the added worry of it happening again. Luckily all fine this time and lots of additional scans and care from my hospital.

I've bumped the Ectopic Pregnancy support thread for you. Lots of women have commented over the years about ttc post-EP. Hopefully there'll be good advice on there, but second contacting the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust.

Best of luck thanks

Blueskygirl30 Tue 23-Dec-14 21:40:54

Caitmous I'm sorry you had an ectopic also but massive congratulations on your pregnancy! It feels like such a long wait before I can even start TTC again at the moment but it's so great to hear from ladies like yourself who've come out the other side and are pregnant again. I hope you have a really enjoyable rest of your pregnancy.

hawaiibaby Thu 25-Dec-14 21:29:11

Hello. Just saw this and wanted to say how sorry I am and send hugs. I had an ectopic at the end of Sept (dealt with surgically) and I know how very hard it is. Don't rush to feel better or get on with things. It's great you are no longer crying daily, but if you do, that's okay. However you feel - is okay.

The nurse on my ward told me it was fine to TTC again, that the 3 month thing was more of a dating / emotional healing thing. We have fertility problems anyway, and now a tube down so after hearing that I felt confident to ttc straight away. We are yet to succeed (more because of DH's sperm issues though no doubt than me being a tube down), but I feel better for trying than waiting, though it's a very personal thing. I also was unable to find any actual evidence on ttc immediately causing a higher risk of another ectopic. I think you would just have to be careful to know you were pregnant asap so you would be aware of any possible EP symptoms. However the hospital should scan you at 6 weeks next time.

I'm really sorry once again, it's such a horrible thing to go through, let yourself grieve for your loss and feel however you feel. Big hugs x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now