Talk

Advanced search

2nd mc in 9 months advice pls

(5 Posts)
Sjwoods83 Fri 19-Dec-14 10:53:14

I have just suffered my 2nd miscarriage in 9 months.
When I went for a scan first time round my uterus was empty but lining was very thick and I had a strong BFP for a few weeks after the loss. A couple of days after the scan I passed a large fleshy mass it didn't really resemble anything ( sorry for the details) not sure what it was and how it didn't show up on the scan.
So this time round at the scan it showed a elongated gestational sac but nothing else I should have been 11 weeks.
What I am trying to find out is does it sound like there was something wrong with the development at the beginning of the pregnancy like an abnormality. I read that it's unlikely to be the case twice in a row.
Just trying to find out what went wrong and is it likely to happen again.
Sorry for going on. X

misskangaandroo2014 Fri 19-Dec-14 14:23:23

I had 2 miscarriages in a row. The lack of knowing why/ what happened is very difficult. I became completely obsessed with searching for answers that weren't there.
Have you been able to discuss your experiences with a midwife at all?

misskangaandroo2014 Fri 19-Dec-14 14:26:10

Sorry. Posted too soon.
I am sorry to hear you've gone through this (and twice) unfortunately I found the second time a few people seemed to think I'd 'adjust' more easily or indeed was suddenly some sort of expert.
flowers

Kerfy101 Thu 08-Jan-15 12:11:44

I'm reall sorry for what your going through and i know how shitty it is, i'm currently having my second miscarriage in 7 months.
i do have a three year old daughter.
The Doctors will only start doing tests aftre three in a row, i have done some reasearch and the odds of having a third miscarriage are still very low.
I know how hard it us, i too just want some answers too.

Brummiegirl15 Sun 11-Jan-15 09:12:18

Am so sorry for what you are going through. I had my 3rd miscarriage in 7 months last week and I was so upset as to why I didn't get any help after number 2.

However you don't get help after number 2 because the chances of having a 3rd one really are very low. Apparently only 1% of couples suffer from recurrent miscarriage ( 3 or more )

So sorry for your loss flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now