Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what happens now?

(2 Posts)
CommanderShepard Sat 13-Dec-14 10:11:10

EPAU confirmed yesterday that I have miscarried - I would have been 6 weeks today but between Tuesday and yesterday my hcg levels fell from 30 to 13. They couldn't see anything in the uterus except a thin endometrium although there was something on my right ovary that could be a collapsed embryo or the corpus luteum or something. So it's being treated as a possible ectopic which resolved itself on its own so I have to have bloods done until hcg is down to 0.

In the meantime - will I start to bleed again soon? This all came about when I had bleeding last week but it's stopped, and I'm not really sure what happens now. Clearly the endometrium has to come out but will that happen when hcg is 0?

I have lots of worries about the future but that's the main one for now.

bakingtins Sat 13-Dec-14 11:20:44

I'm so sorry you are going through this. If your lining is now thin with no pregnancy tissue I suspect the bleeding may be done, though it can be a bit stop-start. The fall in hormone levels normally lags behind the miscarriage a bit, it takes a while for the body to break down the hormone. Once your HCG is zero you should start a new cycle though you don't always ovulate, then you'll have a period usually 4-6 weeks after the miscarriage bleed. It's not-so-affectionately referred to as the WTF cycle (what the ....) because pretty much any weirdness goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now