Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy on depo???

(5 Posts)
DGmammy11 Thu 11-Dec-14 23:52:28

Hi everyone. So I had a miscarriage got pregnant pretty much straight after and suffered another one sad I was thinking I need to give my body a break from trying so 8 weeks ago I had the depo injection. And now I'm getting pregnancy symptoms for the past week. Extremely sore boobs, increased cm, backache all the usual. What's the chances of getting pregnant on depo??

bakingtins Fri 12-Dec-14 14:39:47

It's supposed to be >99% effective. Have you used it before? It strikes me that side effects of progesterone could give you a lot of 'pregnancy' type symptoms. I guess you need to POAS and find out. Hope you get the result you want.

DGmammy11 Mon 15-Dec-14 18:11:13

Yeh I heard that too. I had depo a few years back, I haven't felt these symptoms on it before. But also I think when wanting something so bad we read into every little thing! So it could all be in my head. I think I will wait another week see what happens smile

corsaircat Tue 23-Dec-14 15:51:20

Hi, I just wanted to say- do definitely get checked/do a test. I thought for awhile my sore boobs were symptoms of the hormones in depo, turned out to be pregnant.

If you do want to continue the pregnancy, it's best to know as soon as possible as you'll need to speak to your GP about any extra measures given the depo.

(unfortunately, I can't continue mine and am totally heartbroken but it's best to know early)

DGmammy11 Tue 23-Dec-14 23:47:09

Ahh I'm so sorry to hear that sad I was wondering if being on the depo would cause harm to the baby if I was preg. I took a test couple of days ago and it was neg. woke up this morning and I was ill! Sickness till about dinner time. I will make an app for my doctor ASAP. I have only had 1 injection and it was 10
Weeks ago now. Hopefully get sorted soon. Hope
U are as well as u can be. Big hugs xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now