Talk

Advanced search

First period after miscarriage - 8+ weeks?

(3 Posts)
Itscurtainsforyou Thu 11-Dec-14 13:35:59

Hi there - I had an early (7 week) miscarriage which began on 16th October (8 weeks ago). I had moderate bleeding for around 12 days, then a bit of spotting, but that was it.

I had a number of scans, the last of which (3 weeks after the bleeding began) confirmed that there was nothing left and my uterus etc were "back to pre-pregnancy state".

But I've not had a period since. There is no way I could be pregnant (unless the scans were wrong!) and I'm starting to get concerned.

How long should I wait before seeing my GP to ask about this? What are they likely to do? Blood tests? Scans? I've lost 4 pregnancies in the last two years, after each my period returned after 4-6 weeks. I'm starting to worry that I've begun an early menopause (I'm 40)...

Any advice or experience would be great.

TIA

scotters Fri 12-Dec-14 10:39:58

Hello itscutainsforyou, So sorry to hear of your losses, Its an awful thing to go through.

I have suffered 2 MC this year and 4 in total and the last one i had took about 8-9 weeks before mu period started and and a few months before they returned to normal so i wounldnt worry to much yet, plus sometimes when you worry it can actually prevent your period coming. If you are concerned maybe book a telephone appointment with your GP and ask there advise?

Im currently 5 weeks pregnant so feel like im walking on eggshells panicking at every twinge.

If you dont mind me asking have you had any test done to see if there is a reason that is causing the MC?

XX

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 13-Dec-14 13:16:51

Hi there- and thanks!
I've made a gp appt for next week so will ask, I'm just thrown as its completely different to the other times...
I did have tests done,which showed a blood clotting disorder, although they didn't think this necessarily caused the miscarriages hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now