Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation after ERPC. Please help!!! x

(9 Posts)
SALLY32 Tue 09-Dec-14 10:06:12

Hello

I wondered if anyone could let me know how long after a MC it took to get a BFN??

I had an ERPC three weeks ago (which was three weeks after medical management failed) I was 6.5 weeks pregnant and was told of the MMC at 9 weeks.

Everything I've read indicates I should get BFN's by now. Im definitely not PG again.

Please please can people let me know how long it should take? Keen to start TTC again.

Thanks x

bakingtins Tue 09-Dec-14 13:19:11

It has taken me 3 weeks (I.e. +ve at 2 weeks, -ve by 3 weeks) after MCs at 8-10 weeks. I was told if it was still positive at 2 weeks to contact GP and they will monitor blood HCG to make sure it's low and falling, so might be worth you doing that. If it's not dropping towards zero they start to worry about retained tissue or (rarely) molar pregnancy.

SALLY32 Tue 09-Dec-14 13:37:09

Thanks so much for the reply. And sorry you've been through this too.

So I guess mine should definitely be negative by now then sad

I just called EPU and they want to do another scan rather than blood tests. Really cant face going back there but just want this all over with now. Its never ending.

x

Eggfrog Tue 09-Dec-14 13:52:54

I had a positive pregnancy test 3 weeks after my ERPC. I didn't have retained tissue I don't think (at least all was well and my OB said after the erpc that he had got everything out). I got my period a week after that last positive pregnancy test.
I think hcg can take a while to leave your system and pregnancy tests are very sensitive.

SALLY32 Tue 09-Dec-14 14:10:52

My OB said the same to me - she was confident after the surgery she got it all. So maybe its just taking a long time then like it did for you. I hope so.

I really want a negative test as cant face going back in for another scan and, then potentially another erpc if they did leave something behind sad

Dont know what to do now x

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 09-Dec-14 16:19:47

Hi OP, sorry it's taking so long for you. I had erpc about 10 days ago and negative was about a week later. Or may have made a difference that I miscarried naturally a few days before, missed miscarriage diagnosed 2 weeks before that and baby had stopped developing a whole 3 weeks before that.

Ultimately everyone is different and therefore this could be normal for you. But definitely need to get scanned to find out. The quicker you have a scan, the quicker you can get back to ttc.

Sorry you're going through this.thanks

SALLY32 Tue 09-Dec-14 16:33:38

Thank you so much for the reply and advice.. Sorry you've been through this too.

You're right I should get a scan rather than hoping for the best. I've made the apt for this monday so hopefully then i'll know what's what. I was really hoping i'd be lucky and get a negative quickly. I wonder if a natural MC makes a difference..

This whole process is just never ending.

I hope you're feeling a bit better now? are you going to start ttc'ing again straight away or wait a bit?

x

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Tue 09-Dec-14 16:42:24

We are waiting a little bit. Going to reassess once I've had my first post-mc period. I don't think there is evidence to suggest you need to wait but I just will feel more confident that my body is healed once I've had a full cycle. How are you feeling? What's your next step?

There a thread in Conception called- 'ttc after mc' and there are lots if ladies there going through the same thing and supporting each other. Worth a look.

How you get some answers soon.

SALLY32 Tue 09-Dec-14 16:53:15

Ah thank you i'll have a look on there. A bit of time off TTC'ing might be good for you emotionally and physically.

Im just too impatient.

I have the scan on Monday, hoping they tell me everything is clear and then I think I'll wait a bit longer for OV and try again this cycle...

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now