Talk

Advanced search

It's finally over.

(3 Posts)
StockingFullOfCoal Mon 08-Dec-14 22:18:58

Physically, anyway. The bleeding stopped yesterday. Started last Tuesday when I was 5 weeks pregnant. Am still utterly gobsmacked. So many concerns re TTC for example my anxiety/bpd meds, DH losing his second son to SIDS at 4 weeks old a few years before we met, how a new baby would affect him etc, squeezing a baby into our 2 bed house (I have 2DDs 6&4) finances if DH happened to be off sick after birth due to mental health, but not once did it occur to me that I'd miscarry. Just didn't even think about it. Mirena had been out for 7 weeks when I got my BFP. I feel incredibly sad that DH & I created a child that we never got to meet. It just feels like I've been thrown against a brick wall and landed on my arse.

How do you do it? How do you continue to TTC after a loss? I can't comprehend the level of panic it makes me feel now.

BrucieTheShark Mon 08-Dec-14 22:24:32

Ah shit it's awful. You poor thing.

You don't have to think about how to ttc or how to do anything.

You just have to put one foot in front of the other for the next little while and get through it. Both of you. Other stuff will come later when it's time.

It's such a wrecking ball. Many of us have been there - sympathies.

Kasterborous Mon 08-Dec-14 22:25:39

To be honest Stocking you will feel like that for a while, you have so many hopes and dreams for your baby as soon as you find out you are pregnant then to miscarry is truly horrible. It does get easier over time, it's a slow process you don't suddenly wake up one day and feel better it's gradual. Give yourselves time to grieve and go with how you feel day by day. There are no right or wrong answers about how you should feel. thanks for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now