Talk

Advanced search

When will I stop feeling so rubbish?!

(2 Posts)
Chuckaluck Sun 07-Dec-14 13:51:45

I miscarried at 11+5 (by my dates) a week and a half ago. It was quite traumatic, I started bleeding at around 5am and around 6am, I passed out and my DH called an ambulance. I was taken to A&E and they had to carry out a manual evacuation as things were stuck. I had to stay in overnight but was allowed home he following day. I have tried to take it easy since but have a 16 month DD so it's been hard. I went back to my GP on Thursday as I was getting bad headaches and breathlessness. I assumed this was to do with blood loss but GP said she would check bloods again. Had a call Thursday night from out of hours doctor and had to be treated for a blood clot as something in my blood test wasn't right. Am know injecting myself with blood thinners until I can get a scan to rule out the blood clot. Just had enough of feeling so rubbish and that's without even thinking about the baby I lost and the friend who had just announced her pregnancy due 3 days after I would have been.
Sorry to rant. Has anyone had a similar experience? How long till you had more energy and went back to work? Feel like I need some normality but not got brain power to go back to work yet! Thought I would feel better (physically at least) by now!

bakingtins Sun 07-Dec-14 19:03:31

So sorry to hear about your loss chuck flowers

2weeks off seems pretty standard GP advice, but your loss does sound particularly traumatic/ complicated. I'd def stay off until the clot issue is resolved and you feel physically better. IME i can't even begin to process the emotional stuff until I feel 'safe' physically. After that whether keeping busy helps, or whether you need some quiet time, is down to personality. I don't think you'd have any difficulty getting signed off for longer if you need it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now