Talk

Advanced search

What to do with egg sac?

(10 Posts)
thefifthpanda Fri 05-Dec-14 09:49:48

I'm just going through a 2nd miscarriage at 10 weeks. The egg sac has now come out and is sitting in toilet tissue on my kitchen table. What have people done with this? The last one plopped out into the loo and I flushed it away without looking which, when I realised what had happened, felt like I had flushed a baby down the loo (even though it was only 5 weeks). Now I have this one, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Practically I feel I should flush it away but emotionally I "need to do something" with it. But what?

YourKidsYourRulesHunXxx Fri 05-Dec-14 09:56:29

I am so very sorry. I hope you have RL support.

Perhaps buried in the yard with a small tree in the spot?

I struggled to type that without sounding cold or too practical given the circumstances.

Sorry honey

flowers

FelixTitling Fri 05-Dec-14 10:00:48

I don't have any answers I'm afraid, but can suggest contacting The Miscarriage Association who will be able to give good support and advice.

flowers

thefifthpanda Fri 05-Dec-14 10:15:48

Thankyou both.

It doesn't sound cold, it's a lovely suggestion but we're moving soon and I couldn't leave it behind!

That website is very good, thanks. I think i'll be reading a lot of that.

itssangriaoclock Fri 05-Dec-14 10:24:13

You could buy an orchid or house plant and place the egg sac in the bottom. That way you can take it with you when you move?

So sorry big hugs x

Rikalaily Fri 05-Dec-14 10:24:40

Maybe a miniature rosebush in a pot? You can keep it with you when you move. So sorry for your loss xx

furcoatbigknickers Fri 05-Dec-14 10:27:10

Bury the egg sac in a plant pot. Sorry for your loss.

IsItMeOr Fri 05-Dec-14 10:34:07

I'm so sorry for your loss panda.

Mine went the same way as your first. We burnt a picture of something symbolic outside (although, blow me, I cannot remember what it was now...) and had a quiet think while the ashes floated away. That seemed to help in some way.

gingerbreadmam Sat 06-Dec-14 20:05:52

just to add my hospital said i can take it in and it will be sent to the local crematorium and ashes scattered in crematorium memorial gardens, an option to consider if your hospital offers the same.

thefifthpanda Mon 08-Dec-14 21:33:18

Thankyou all so much for your suggestions and kind words. I've been a bit of a mess so I didn't get onto here for a while! In a much better place now. Thank you all again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now