Talk

Advanced search

miscarriage at 11 weeks

(16 Posts)
aleksleat Thu 04-Dec-14 02:24:48

Completely devastated... :-( All was well, had scan at 6 weeks with a heartbeat, no symptoms only slight cramping this evening and then sudden heavy bleeding with liver looking like bits coming out... And that's it... :-(((( ultrasound scan tomorrow but that's pretty much just to check if everything has come out. My world turned upside down in matter of hours... :-((((

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Thu 04-Dec-14 02:47:01

I'm so sorry for your lossthanks

It's utterly devastating. Be kind to yourself and let yourself have time to grieve.

Big hugs.

bakingtins Thu 04-Dec-14 07:33:53

So sorry alek flowers

loaderloader Thu 04-Dec-14 11:02:09

So sorry. Its devastating. I hope you have someone taking care of you today.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Thu 04-Dec-14 16:43:11

Sending you a huge hug. I have been through this in the last couple of weeks. It's shit. thanks thanks

aleksleat Thu 04-Dec-14 23:26:25

Thank you guys but I had a glimpse of hope - went for ultrasound this morning expecting nothing but the bad news and found out that the baby is still there with a normal heartbeat. There was a space just above it where the tissue I passed must have come from. No ideas what it was. Still in complete shock. Was advised to rest and got another ultrasound in 5 days. Of course anything can still happen and I am pretty petrified but at least there is a chance. Did anyone ever experienced anything like that?

bakingtins Fri 05-Dec-14 07:42:56

Sub chorionic haematoma? I had one with my son, bled from 8-14 weeks. Pretty scary stuff as they can detach the sac and cause miscarriage, and I assumed it was all over several times, but he was fine.
There's no evidence to say resting up will affect outcome but it may make you feel like you are doing everything you can. I'd avoid anything strenuous anyway. Good luck for your next scan.

loaderloader Fri 05-Dec-14 12:52:49

So sorry for posting the above when there is still hope. I know you will still be very worried and time will pass very slowly until that next scan. I hope it goes well for you. Good luck.

butterflyFairy1 Fri 05-Dec-14 22:53:37

My fingers are crossed for you alek x

cluelessnchaos Fri 05-Dec-14 22:57:11

I had a massive bleed at 11 weeks, was a big gush. Bled on for about a week, ds2 stuck and is now an amazing 4 year old. Fingers crossed

nihatsgirl Fri 05-Dec-14 22:59:03

So sorry for your loss. Virtual hugs

Only1scoop Fri 05-Dec-14 23:00:25

Op will be keeping my fingers crossed for you....

loaderloader Wed 10-Dec-14 11:01:08

Hi OP. Hope all is well.

aleksleat Wed 17-Dec-14 21:14:54

Had my 12 weeks scan and lo seems to be all fine. My haematoma got smaller and i was discharged from consultants care and told I can get back to normal. However, that was last Tuesday and I am still bleeding (dark blood though) and if anything the bleeding is getting heavier. I am worried. Anyone had similar experience? by the way - thank you so much for your kind words. x

CrockedPot Thu 18-Dec-14 07:08:37

Exactly the same thing happened to me with ds1...it was terrifying and I couldn't totally relax until I had him in my arms. He's now 10 (and still likes a cuddle!)
Try and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and take care x

loaderloader Thu 18-Dec-14 21:33:42

Great news regarding the 12 week scan. Sounds like a stressful pregnancy for you though.
Could you perhaps speak to your midwife about the bleeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now