Talk

Advanced search

When to ttc after miscarriage

(2 Posts)
GuybrushThreepwoodMP Sat 29-Nov-14 14:36:50

I just don't know.
I was diagnosed with a mmc 2 weeks ago. I miscarried naturally at home this week which was very gruelling and traumatic. I would have been 11 weeks. I did have some retained tissue and so had surgery yesterday.
It's been a hell of a few weeks and I am feeling very fragile. I have been off work for two weeks and fell like I have really lost touch with the real world.
I don't know what to do next. A part of me wants to ttc again as soon as I feel physically well enough because getting pregnant will be the only thing which allows me to make sense of what has happened. On the other hand, I feel absolutely exhausted by everything and perhaps we should take a break to just have some nice normal life for a bit before embarking on this journey again.
When did you feel ready? How did you know you were ready? Is there evidence there physically it's best to wait or best to go for it quickly?

CalicoBlue Sat 29-Nov-14 15:53:02

The timing is different for everyone.

With my first mc, which was a bit traumatic and ended up with a blood transfusion, I did not feel ready till I had passed the date the baby would have been born. Did not make any sense to anyone but me.

My second mc, I did have my DD between the two, I got pregnant about a month later not planned though. That one was also a mc and then I decided to stop and did not get pg again.

The doctors will say after you have had one period. As you know the first stage is exhausting, so do get lots of rest and get better.

Maybe have a good rest over christmas and then try again in the new year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now