Talk

Advanced search

3 days post complete miscarriage, very sore abdomen?

(3 Posts)
SuperGlue Thu 27-Nov-14 14:46:37

I was wondering if anyone with any experience in this area could advise me. On Monday morning between 6-7am I had a complete miscarriage at home. My dates were 11wks 5days but embryo measuring between 6-7weeks. As it happened we had an EPU scan scheduled for later that morning and the nurse confirmed at that stage that it had been a complete miscarriage and no further treatment was needed.

On Mon & Tues I had a sort of mild period type pain across lower abdomen but last night it started to feel slightly bloated and quite tender. Today I am quite uncomfortable and it is sore, especially when I sit on a hard chair etc. I am taking some ibuprofen for it but I really don't know what is normal or not 3 days after a mc as this is my first.

Would it be a good idea to ring the EPU or could it be everything just settling down again? I am still bleeding but moderately so not worried about that.

Thanks

bakingtins Thu 27-Nov-14 16:19:36

If it is anything worse than period type cramps I'd phone for advice. The other thought is that even when a scan says the womb is all clear sometimes there are more clots etc a few days later. If your gut says something is not right get checked out in case there's any infection.

SuperGlue Thu 27-Nov-14 17:13:50

Thank you baking tins. I was thinking the same thing. The bleeding had eased off considerably last night and this morning but there about an hour ago when I had the pain I had a sort of gush and flooded a pad but it is eased off again now. No clots. I took the ibuprofen so pain has eased off. If it is the same in the morning I will ring EPU and speak to someone as it would be easy enough to pop in and get checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now