Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage 8 weeks ago - Auntie Flo only arrived today!!!!

(4 Posts)
Bellabutterfly2014 Mon 24-Nov-14 19:27:46

Dear mumsnetters, I feel all over the place. I had a miscarriage 8 weeks ago then had the most awfully named procedure "evacuation of retained pregnancy whatever, tissue?" Can't quite remember it's official name but the whole thing has been pretty traumatic and I've felt awful.

I have had a stressful and worrying time and Auntie Flo has only just come today (hardly surprising after several negative tests!) however it was alot heavier than usual and quite clotty - is this normal?

Has anyone else experienced the clotting like this after mc? I know it sounds daft but it's really upset me seeing all that again ��

bakingtins Mon 24-Nov-14 19:34:18

Don't worry bella quite normal for first AF to be odd (either very heavy or lighter than usual) and for it to be difficult emotionally.
8 weeks is a short time in terms of getting over a loss, so be kind to yourself. hopefully your cycles will settle down now and you can TTC again when you feel ready.

Bellabutterfly2014 Mon 24-Nov-14 20:29:46

Thanks Bakingtins, I just feel so down, I didn't think it would make me feel like this. I wasn't expecting it at all. It's just taken me by surprise.
I'm trying to be positive and hoping to get trying again soon; I guess everyone's got their own journey and it's hard sometimes but I take comfort from the advice and kindness I get from mumsnet ladies x x

mrsdiddlydoo Mon 24-Nov-14 21:09:11

Hi Bella My first AF after a natural MC earlier this year totally shook me up. I had been told that it might be different to normal so kind of knew to expect something heavier than normal, but it still surprised me how heavy and clotty it was. Body's way of sorting it's self out. To be honest more that that, emotionally it really got to me and I can still remember how it made me feel. Some cruel reminder of what had happend. My cycles settled down a bit each month that passed after that. Hopefully yours will too.
Just waiting for first AF post ERPC, but I'm probably a couple of weeks off it still.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now