Talk

Advanced search

Positive news needed please!

(5 Posts)
Gingernut81 Mon 24-Nov-14 17:16:28

So, today I suffered my second miscarriage and I'm gutted. My husband and I have been trying since April and had our first miscarriage in July. I'd not dared to get my hopes up this time & it seems I was right not to. My doctor was as sympathetic as she could be and said that there's no reason I shouldn't be able to get to full term next time however I can't help but feel that this is just rubbish!

I just wondered if there's anyone out there who's been in the same position and gone on to have children, I'd always dreamed of a lovely large brood of them!

Thanks x

sizethree Mon 24-Nov-14 17:32:57

Hello gingernut, I'm so sorry for your loss. One miscarriage is so awful and two is just brutal. Sadly I've been where you are and have had the misfortune to now be experiencing a third.
However, I do have happy stories!
Firstly, statistically you're mo more likely to have bad luck the third time as you were the first. So odds still very much stacked in your favour.
It's only 1 in 100 women who suffer 3 or more miscaruages and Eve. The majority of those go on to have healthy pregnancies after.
I have a close friend who sadly suffered 3 in a row then went on to have 2 very healthy little boys.
As this is your secind loss you can ask your doc about getting some blood tests done. Which can detect some health issues and reassure you for next time.
And God gorbid if the third is unsuccessful you'll get even more support and testing and tests on the lost pregnancy.
It's a very sad situation to be in, but there are so many positive stories out there, so keep thinking that each day is a step closer on your journey to becoming a mum. That's the mantra that i try to keep telling myself.

Gingernut81 Sun 30-Nov-14 23:44:14

Hi size three,

I just wanted to say thanks for replying xx

CountryMummy1 Sun 30-Nov-14 23:47:42

Hi there!

I had infertility (unexplained) for 3 years then started getting pregnant almost every month for some bizarre reason. I had 3 miscarriages then my DD then another 3, then my DS.

Statistically you are very likely to have the family you want, it just might be a harder road to get there.

Hugs xx

Gingernut81 Sun 30-Nov-14 23:58:09

I'm hoping so, just can't bring myself to be positive about it at the moment! I'm so scared of it happening again and don't think i can cope with feeling like this again either sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now