Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had an erpc privately?

(4 Posts)
hohoho100 Tue 18-Nov-14 11:01:56

Went for an early scan at 6 weeks and was only measured at 5 weeks - just a gestational and yolk sac. The sonnagrapher said that the sac wasn't too big and it may just be early days.

I know that it could go either way and I have another scan booked for saturday when I should be 8 weeks so at least we should know either way.

I had a mmc before my little boy and just trying to work out the logistics if this one is not proceeding when you have been for a private scan rather than an nhs one.

We have private health insurance and wondering whether to go privately but would I have to go to my local epu to get confirmation for my gp or would the gp accept the private scan results. I presume that wherever I go too have the erpc would rescan me themselves to make sure before doing any procedure.

Or any stories of going for a scan so early and being a week behind. I am sure of my dates and that still puts me 6 days behind.

PossumPoo Wed 19-Nov-14 21:07:19

The epu accepted my private scan results as proof of pregnancy so I would assume they would accept it in this instance.

I had an erpc in September on the NHS, if you go private would you have your own room to recover in?

blacktreaclecat Wed 19-Nov-14 21:12:15

Yes I'm in Bupa and had an erpc done at a private hospital as I had 2 scans a week apart with no change, I was supposed to be 7 weeks. The scans were at NHS EPU and they recommended the consultant who was lovely.
I'm sorry xx

hohoho100 Thu 20-Nov-14 09:45:45

Thanks guys. Have a rescan on saturday so at least I should know what is happening then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now