Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

infection after MC

(2 Posts)
lia66 Sun 16-Nov-14 00:23:05

Have just had my 5th MC at 11 wks. I've never mc this far on before, my others were all managed apart from a 6 wk one that was just like a heavy period. This was something else.

A month later, I am still bleeding, and had noticed a smell, the bleeding was horrible, brown/green etc so took myself off to docs who has diagnosed an infection. (no shit sherlock). He was very nice as it happens.

Got scan booked for Friday, the monster Ab's are starting to kick in as the smell has gone and bleeding is reduced but I'm dreading having to have an erpc. Not the procedure, I've had several in the past but my dh didn't know I was pg, the timing had never been right to tell him. It was an unplanned pg.

I had a really rough time with the physical aspect of the mc, and the the bleeding and heavy loss restarted almost a week later for a few hours, that was a bit scary.

I have 6 other dc, and a shop to run. I know my health must come first.

Has anyone else had infection after mc and if so, Did the Ab's clear it up without the need for further intervention?

bakingtins Mon 17-Nov-14 09:05:04

Hi lia no experience of infection but didn't want your post to go unanswered. I'm so sorry you've been through this alone, must make it doubly difficult if you feel you have to keep it from DH. I hope the antibiotics kick in and you start to feel better soon. You are v welcome on the recurrent miscarriage thread if you need to chat, even if you are not planning on TTC again. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now