Talk

Advanced search

pretty sure I'm miscarrying

(12 Posts)
Gr33dyeggs Sun 09-Nov-14 21:39:40

Bleurgh. Made it to 10+3 then started pink spotting on Wednesday. Red on Saturday so trip to a n e. Cervix closed and no 'active bleeding' scan booked for Wednesday. Heavier bleeding now and pain.
Had a natural m/c 6 years ago and it was awful, dreading tonight.

Blanketontheground Sun 09-Nov-14 21:41:16

Thinking of you xx

bakingtins Mon 10-Nov-14 09:49:31

So sorry gr33dy hope you are coping.

Gr33dyeggs Mon 10-Nov-14 10:21:13

Thanks. The pain subsided and no flooding as yet. I can't get a scan until Wednesday so stuck in limbo.

dixiedoodle Mon 10-Nov-14 10:53:35

Just try to be as kind to yourself as possible gr33dy. Snuggle up on the couch with a film, biscuits, tea and a hottle bottle if you feel anything like I did. Do whatever comforts you. Keep hydrated, fed and comfortable. I hope time passes quickly and gently for you xx

Blanketontheground Mon 10-Nov-14 12:14:51

How are you today?

Gr33dyeggs Mon 10-Nov-14 12:44:02

No real change. Pain has subsided (for now) and still red bleeding. I'm not sure whether its 'active', does that mean constant like flooding? Staying off work playing candy crush and willing Wednesday to arrive.

dixiedoodle Mon 10-Nov-14 13:25:19

Hi Gr33dy, glad to hear you're resting and not in pain. Red bleeding certainly sounds like 'active' but active probably doesn't have to mean flooding just that it's still coming, the flow might be heavier at times and lighter at others flowers

Gr33dyeggs Mon 10-Nov-14 16:06:54

Its happening, just like b4. I'm so angry the hospital couldn't fit me in earlier than Wednesday for a scan. If they had I might not have had to go through this at home again and could have had a d&c. And my little boy is due home from school now.

Blanketontheground Mon 10-Nov-14 20:00:03

I'm so sorry. It's not always bad news but I know it's so hard in your situation as you try to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I don't think many hospitals deal with this very well. Thinking of you.

Gr33dyeggs Wed 12-Nov-14 11:33:34

Just to update, I've had a complete miscarriage. Thanks for your support. I apparently have an infection of normal flora which may have contributed and have been advised to get a HV swab next pregnancy. For how shit the staff at weekend were, today have been lovely.

InkleWinkle Wed 12-Nov-14 12:17:27

So sorry to hear that. Sending you lots of <<hugs>> xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now