Talk

Advanced search

How long for period?

(13 Posts)
SuperMum84 Sat 01-Nov-14 19:27:19

Everybody is different of course, but I'm curious. It's like a waiting game that's never ending!!

I began miscarrying on 10th oct, finished 15th oct, was 5+4, scanned 15th, hcg at 12.
On sat (25th) I had a faint pos on a preg test, I had 4 days of pos ovulation tests too, trying to find where I may be in my cycle?!
I've been away for a few days, back this evening & faint pos on preg test and ov test still, feels like period is imminent, but I just don't know! Usually have 24 day cycles, one 27 day cycle in sept, last proper period was 3rd September.

It's only 21 days since I miscarried but how long does it take to get some normality?

Toucanet Sat 01-Nov-14 20:53:50

Of course we're all different; personally I had a period 2 weeks after my first (m)mc completed, 4-5 weeks after my second did. Never tried testing/guessing through further pg or ovulation tests though, had read that it can be a couple of months so just waited to see and pleased it was sooner. Fingers crossed for you it's not too long.

pieceoftoast Sat 01-Nov-14 21:07:48

It took 6 weeks after my first mc (12 weeks) and 46 days after my second (8 weeks). I think some women can regulate fairly quickly again, others' bodies take a bit of adjusting. Sorry for your loss.

hannahhm83 Tue 04-Nov-14 16:09:13

I had a miscarriage in June at 9 weeks. This was my first pregnancy/miscarriage. Didn't have a period until 13 weeks later. It wasn't as heavy as my normal periods, and only lasted about 4 days compares to my usual 6-7. I haven't had another period since and that was 5 and 1/2 weeks ago. Had anyone else experienced anything similar? Xx

Flower29 Tue 04-Nov-14 16:32:24

Supermum is it possible you could be pregnant again? I wouldn't have thought a hcg of 12 would show on a hpt unless it is a super sensitive one..? I think your body can kick start again quite quickly even with small amounts of hcg. I had a hcg of 15 on a Monday and at my scan on the wed they said they could see my body was getting ready to ovulate soon. I had a mmc 6.5 weeks ago and had a period after about 5 weeks, although it was lighter than normal and I didn't have any cramps or anything. I didn't really stop bleeding the whole time either, apart from odd days where I had spotting. Sorry for your loss x

SuperMum84 Tue 04-Nov-14 16:45:15

I'm having bloods done on thurs, results fri, to check hcg. I'm getting positives on first response, sainsburys, asda tests but took a clearblue digi and it was negative. Wondering if the sensitive tests are picking up hcg from miscarriage still but I'm 25 days from the first day I began bleeding today and I'm not sure how likely that would be. Will know Friday!

Thanks all and sorry for your losses x

babyangelbean20315 Wed 05-Nov-14 07:25:51

I think it all depends how u miscarried was yours natural? I had a mmc and my period came 5 and a half weeks after my op and lasted a week with a lot of spotting not bleeding so it's a tricky one everyone is Soo different

SuperMum84 Wed 05-Nov-14 08:39:37

Yes natural, I usually have 24 day cycles, one 27 day. On day 26 now

Flower29 Wed 05-Nov-14 09:40:14

Hope you get to find out what's going on on Friday and you get the result you want. X

babyangelbean20315 Wed 05-Nov-14 13:45:09

Hmm all sounds like a real head fuck good luck xxx fingers crossed

SuperMum84 Wed 05-Nov-14 16:25:45

Exactly my thoughts babyangelbean!! confused

Will update on friday
This is yesterday and today's first response tests

SuperMum84 Wed 05-Nov-14 16:33:22

I think it's fainter today, who knows, I think my body is keeping the hcg from the mc still, it'll be 4 weeks on fri

SuperMum84 Thu 06-Nov-14 20:12:27

Bloods done today, gp called at 7pm to say they were at 12, being redone Monday to see if they are increasing (which would be a new preg) or staying the same (from mc)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now