Talk

Advanced search

When will it stop?

(14 Posts)
TwllBach Fri 31-Oct-14 05:52:42

I'm miscarrying... Probably five/six weeks. I started with a tiny bit of bleeding on Saturday - brown blood, like I'd been scratched. It carried on till Monday lunchtime when all of a sudden there was a big gush and something came out that wasn't a clot.

Been to a&e, back to the doctors I went on Monday... But if anything the bleeding is heavier and I'm now on the toilet with such bad cramps I'm sweating.

I know I've had more painful periods but because I know it's a miscarriage they seem worse.

Why is it getting heavier and why is it hurting now? I feel tired all the time and nauseous and I'm spacing in and out... I lose my words, I get up and forget why. I've worked so hard this year to be present and now I feel like I'm losing it all. When will it stop?

FlossieTreadlight Fri 31-Oct-14 06:01:53

I am so sorry for your loss. I think in your shoes I'd call YOUR EPAC / EPAU and talk this through ( they may want to scan you if you haven't been yet). My miscarriages came in waves and typically I had 2-3 serious sets of cramping with each one, passing large clots and my baby and then bleeding for between 3-4 weeks with smaller cramps.
Again, I'm so sorry. Don't force yourself into work, take time to grieve and get well again - I found the miscarriage association helpline very helpful. x

TwllBach Fri 31-Oct-14 06:53:37

It's just that one doctor said I should finish bleeding by today and the other said by Monday.

I've got heartburn this morning and I feel sick still. I can't seem to keep hydrated.

I'm quite distressed actually and I feel silly saying that, I didn't even know I was pregnant and I certainly wasn't trying - I'm on the pill!

babyangelbean20315 Fri 31-Oct-14 07:16:45

Go to the doctors
you might be feeling that way because of how much your bleeding and in fact be bleeding too much in which case you would need to go to the hospital so they can make sure your ok

A lot of strange things happen when this happens and I was lucky enough not to lose my own blood but some people do so that is a possibility and especially if you'd been told it should stop on Monday
definately ring your closest Dr or hospital whoever u spoke to before contact then again

You need to make sure your ok and healthy. It sounds like u passed the sac when you say something came out so the lining and everything else should be coming out but the way u discripe it does not sound good so please get checked out ASAP even if its just for your own sanity so you know your well in yourself

Erica21 Fri 31-Oct-14 07:32:16

TwllBach I am sorry for what you are going through. Please call your local Early Pregnancy Unit or Emergency Gynae Unit at your nearest hospital to talk to someone. You probably need to have blood pressure checked and haemoglobin levels checked if you have been bleeding for this long. You need some advice and they need to support you on a medical level with a possible scan to see how things are progressing. I had a mmc at 12 weeks, and was told it would be like a 'heavy menses.' The dr was talking out of his backside. My waters broke, the baby came out then I bled heavily for 2 hours on the toilet. Make sure you drink water and get paracetamol into you. I hope you can get some help today xxx

FlossieTreadlight Fri 31-Oct-14 16:03:53

How are you now Twllbach?

TwllBach Fri 31-Oct-14 17:43:38

I have had a nice day today actually. Yesterday I was climbing the walls because there were hours and hours between finishing work and DP coming home and I was just so lonely

I was full of The Rage at work today... But then I went out for lunch with a friend and she made me laugh and then we went for coffee where I cried a bit and then we went for a wander be the straits and to the poppy memorial and it was just nice. Me and DP are going out for dinner in a bit because it's our eighth anniversary.

I'm still bleeding heavier than before and I feel like my ovaries are sort of... Pinching. I do have PCOS though so I've felt that before. I'm still really thirsty, doesn't matter how much I drink, and sleepy.

I'll have been bleeding a week tomorrow, so I'll go to the doctor on Monday if I'm still bleeding I guess.

LBOCS Fri 31-Oct-14 18:30:47

I bled for about 2 weeks altogether when I miscarried naturally - spotting which got heavier, a 'gush' which came with passing clots and then mid to light bleeding for about another 10 days.

TwllBach Sun 02-Nov-14 11:56:51

Sorry to revive my thread but...

I've been reading other peoples threads and I'm so confused. Some people have said that they've automatically been booked in for scans following/during a miscarriage. Others have been advised to take a pregnancy test,.. Others again have been told that the bleeding doesn't necessarily mean a mc and they carried full term.

Why has my doctor just sent me away? What's normal? Should I be asking for something?

TwllBach Sun 02-Nov-14 12:54:02

Is it right that they date it back to your last period? That means that if have been seven weeks gone.

LBOCS Sun 02-Nov-14 13:07:10

They do date to your last period. At 7 weeks, they may have been able to see a heartbeat if they'd done a scan.

I think that often people get referred so it looks like the medical profession are doing something; all they'll be able to tell us if there's something there right now. If you go to an epu they may scan you but if it's inconclusive they'll just tell you to come back in a couple of weeks to see if anything has changed. If I were you, I'd probably wait it out and do another pregnancy test in a week. If it still comes up positive, go for a scan because there may be retained products of conception, or (best case scenario) an embryo, hanging on in there. Unfortunately, miscarriages are a whole load of waiting and seeing, with very little in the way of concrete answers.

TwllBach Sun 02-Nov-14 13:25:36

So I could still be pregnant? This is all a bit shit really!

LBOCS Thu 06-Nov-14 17:02:35

It's highly unlikely but not impossible. I found myself looking for miracle stories online when I was going through it. I think it's easier in terms of recovery if you assume not.

TwllBach Thu 06-Nov-14 17:12:12

<waves>
I'm definitely not, I did a pregnancy test on Monday. I'm on day 13 of bleeding now though, so the doctor said to call back tomorrow if still going and they'll discuss a scan to see if everything is going as it should...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now