Talk

Advanced search

If you've been recommended aspirin and progesterone for recurrent mc's

(6 Posts)
Wowthishurtsalot Mon 20-Oct-14 13:15:31

Did you keep the prescription in the house for when you get the next BFP or do you get your BFP then make a drs appt and start it then?

I've been at the drs a lot lately and don't want to go again if I don't need to! Although My consultant said I should have it in the house ready, but the GP holds the power...bit lost now!

bakingtins Mon 20-Oct-14 20:04:00

I'd try to get them in preparation. Are you aware that aspirin is contraindicated unless you have a diagnosed clotting problem and should not be used 'just in case' ? Much discussion of these meds on the RMC support thread, you are v welcome to join.

Wowthishurtsalot Mon 20-Oct-14 20:05:48

Really? No, I hadn't been told that. I've been prescribed a 75mg dose alongside the progesterone I'll pop over and say hi, thanks

cloudjumper Thu 23-Oct-14 13:49:38

I've took progesterone, heparin and aspirin for my last pregnancy - I did not have the prescriptions in advance, but went to the GP as soon as possible after I got my BFP (made an emergency appointment, bit cheeky, but I wasn't going to take any risks).

However, I agree with baking that it would have been much easier and less stressful to have the prescriptions in advance! If there is a next time, I'll definitely try to do it that way (mainly because getting an appointment at my GP's can be a bit of a nightmare).
Hth

PS: I was advised to take aspirin due to my history of DVT, in case you were wondering. Opinions are definitely divided on that one, but most GPs (including mine!) don't have a clue...

worldgonecrazy Thu 23-Oct-14 13:56:47

I took junior aspirin, which is very low dose, but I think the guidelines might have changed since then. I also took Metformin and had hormone pessaries for the first 12 weeks. Again, guidance may have changed sine.

Christmascandles Thu 23-Oct-14 13:58:02

I just went to the Drs when I got. my BFP. I was a bit stressed tho cos it was the consultant not GP that prescribed it so I had to convince him that I needed it.

I did tho and all was well smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: