Advanced search

inevitable miscarriage

(16 Posts)
Liskey Wed 07-Aug-13 07:32:55

I'm 8 weeks pregnant & came into a&e yesterday morning with very heavy bleeding and clots. Got examined once in morning and evening and both times got told my cervix is open so a miscarriage is inevitable.

Yesterday I was nil by mouth as they thought I might need an op at some point. Today I'm nil again and suspect I may have a erpc? Today though not been told as bleeding has subsided a lot. Any ideas about what will happen? This is a 2nd miscarriage had a mmc before with pills.

Bakingtins Wed 07-Aug-13 07:41:00

Have you had a scan Liskey? I suspect what happens next will depend on if you have any retained products or if everything has passed (which sounds like a possibility if your bleeding has settled) At 8 weeks you should have the choice of surgical, medical or natural miscarriage. If you need more info on the options then google the Miscarriage Association site.
I'm v sorry you are going through this for a second time flowers

Liskey Wed 07-Aug-13 07:47:18

No scan as yet, yesterday as doctor thought miscarriage was going to happen soon so not worth doing. I don't think everything has gone in comparison to last mc when I wad a week further along.

Thanks for replying (feeling weepy today as its sinking in). I want this to be over if it has to happen & go home to DD.

Bakingtins Wed 07-Aug-13 08:03:24

I can totally relate to just wanting it over with once you accept it's only going one way. I hope you can get a scan this morning and ERPC today if that's what's needed, or released to go home to your own bed and cuddles from DD. Have you got anyone there with you? It's v lonely going through it on your own sad

Liskey Wed 07-Aug-13 08:37:03

Cheers for that. DH at home at moment as too early 4 visitors.

I've knocked my cannula out so now feeling very

Liskey Wed 07-Aug-13 08:38:54

Sorry on phone.

De-hydrated as no doctor's to put it back in. Getting cramps as well so feeling sorry for myself.

Bakingtins Wed 07-Aug-13 09:29:30

Ask for some pain relief. This is no time to be brave. If you are nil by mouth and bleeding then they need to get you back on the fluids - can't a nurse do it? Bit ridiculous to leave you nil by mouth since (?) yesterday morning, and not have a firm plan what is happening.

Liskey Wed 07-Aug-13 09:36:34

I was allowed fluids from 21.00 to 03.00 but still waiting for doctor to come and tell me the plan. [Sad]

Nurses have said they think I'm on list for surgical evac.

Liskey Wed 07-Aug-13 12:30:03

No surgical spaces free today but they now want to do scan first anyway which is booked for this afternoon. I keep wanting this all over so I can start recovering.

Bakingtins Wed 07-Aug-13 12:36:58

Sorry Liskey that's rubbish. I hope the scan shows it is all over so you can go home. Are you booked for surgery tomorrow if it's needed?

Liskey Wed 07-Aug-13 12:45:13

Thanks BakingTins I know its not all passed (horrible but I thought not already and doctor confirmed it).

Scan is to check position & viability though doctor said that is very unlikely.

Changeover day in hospital so no idea when I'll get a slot. I want to go home but I also want this over now. I wish it had all happened yesterday.

Liskey Wed 07-Aug-13 16:51:58

Had scan now - no sign of a baby but some bits of retained matter are there so have 2 wait for doctor to say if I need any intervention. At least I know for definite now.

Bakingtins Wed 07-Aug-13 17:33:23

Sorry, Liskey It is often easier once you know for definite, a little bit of residual hope makes it hard to bear. Are they letting you go home?

Liskey Wed 07-Aug-13 18:07:12

Waiting for doctor to review report...... Changeover day in nhs apparently its slowing everything down.

Hopefully though I can go home soon. Staff here have been very nice & supportive which has helped.

Bakingtins Thu 08-Aug-13 08:12:50

Hope you got home. How are you today?

Liskey Thu 08-Aug-13 12:55:51

Finally got let out at 11 today! I could have gone yesterday if they'd been any doctor's to be found. I'm ok - declined offer of pills to expel remnants as all seems to be going naturally. Got to go back in 2 weeks for blood tests and I need to watch out for infection.

Pleased to be home but feel a bit wrung out now. At least DH is home to look after DD as I don't feel very lively now. Thanks for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now