Talk

Advanced search

3 months post ERPC & still no period - should I be worried?

(10 Posts)
icklemssunshine1 Wed 15-May-13 10:08:43

Hi all,

Had an ERPC end of Feb & I still haven't had a period. I've spoken to my GP who said I'm probably stressed - I'm currently waiting on steroid injections & possible surgery for 2 slipped discs which were only discovered post MC. I'm also taking 4 types of painkillers so not sure if they're affecting my fertility too.

Has nyone experienced going this long without a period or should I go back to the doctor and push further? I'm 34 & would like to TTC as soon as I'm healthy.

squizita Wed 15-May-13 11:46:56

Hmm.. I am always wary of Drs who say "you're just stressed" (advice I got from a nurse friend - if it's about stress and they wouldn't say it to a man, your 'fobbed off' radar should bleep). Given that you've had a MC - I would ask for a 2nd opinion.

After an ERPC it can take a while (esp if your body didn't realise it had MCed) for HCG to fall (I am 3 weeks after and still there is a very faint line on a PG test after 5 min- rang gynie at hospital who said that that's the slow end of normal and not to worry). However several months - I would be asking for another appointment just to be on the safe side.

It's probably just a slow recovery (which the body needs) - however a 2nd opinion cannot hurt can it?

icklemssunshine1 Wed 15-May-13 11:56:43

Thank you. I think I need to be more forceful. I'm getting stressed having "stress" as my dr's response! My Dr is male but even when I've seen the female dr she has said the same thing & to leave it 6 months! Erm, that's all well and good if I were 10 years younger!!

Bakingtins Wed 15-May-13 13:14:30

I think in your shoes I'd be campaigning for a scan at that point. I know of several people who have reached the 10 week mark before AF showed up, and that seemed to be the cut off for the GP to arrange something. I suspect the reassurance that you are in working order might allow you to relax and your body to start cycling again.

icklemssunshine1 Wed 15-May-13 13:29:37

Thank you. I think I'll make an appointment & just get everything off my chest. I'm feeling very low at the moment. Feel my body is failing me. Everyday I'm in pain & I'm fed up of living on painkillers just to get dressed & then the added emotional burden of wanting to TTC but can't is tipping me over the edge sad

pebspop Wed 15-May-13 13:34:27

this happened to me. I went to accupuncture and af arrived the next day. from my googling at the time it seemed to be very common that acu could bring on af.

next time I mc'd I went to acu straight away and it didn't happen again.

icklemssunshine1 Wed 15-May-13 13:37:49

Thanks pepsbob, so would you def recommend it then? Was it expensive if you don't mind me asking? I guess any cost is a price worth paying though!

pebspop Wed 15-May-13 13:45:10

it was 30 pounds per session. I went for about six weeks but tbh the first one did the trick I just felt bad not booking more!

I would defo recommend. and if you Google you will find loads of people who had same results.

the acu guy was really good and had helped other women ttc etc.

it doesn't hurt and you will feel very relaxed after.

the morning after my first session I felt like my womb was open (it was a strange feeling - hard to describe) and af came that afternoon.

icklemssunshine1 Wed 15-May-13 13:48:14

Just looked into it & found someone who is very close to where I live & who offers a free consultation. Have e-mailed her & hopefully I'll get a response soon. I have had acupuncture before for sports injuries but never considered it for this. Thank you for your advice!

squizita Wed 15-May-13 14:46:45

I am looking into acupuncture too. Glad it works! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now