Talk

Advanced search

Heavy bleeding following medical management of mmc

(5 Posts)
Vakant Fri 10-May-13 00:43:37

How much blood is too much? I had medical management of an mmc today. I had really bad cramps and then passed what I think was the sac about three hours after the pessary was administered, since then I've been bleeding quite heavily. I've soaked through three pads (normal strength ones) in the past four hours. Is this too much? I feel physically fine otherwise, pain has settled down and i don't feel woozy. I don't want to get my two year old out of bed for a trip to a&e at this time of night if not necessary.

Vakant Fri 10-May-13 01:54:30

I'm scared. The bleeding has slowed down a little bit but I can't get to sleep because I'm terrified I will die in my sleep.

lougle Fri 10-May-13 06:59:05

Sorry for your loss sad

I think a pad an hour it's ok. Any heavier needs checking. It can be a shock if you normally have light periods. I have heavy ones and can soak a super plus tampon in under an hour on my heavy days, so it sounds ' ok' unless you start feeling dizzy, etc.

Bakingtins Fri 10-May-13 08:02:06

Hi vakant I'm so sorry you are going through this. I think EPUs need to be a lot more honest with people about what to expect. I have been told a maxi pad an hour is ok, but if you feel unwell contact EPU or the gynae department for reassurance.
I hope you did manage to get some sleep.

Vakant Fri 10-May-13 08:53:04

Thank you both. Things appear a lot better in the cold light of day. The bleeding has slowed down considerably now and I managed to get a couple of hours sleep, now to tackle the day with a mischievous toddler, much caffeine needed I think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now