Talk

Advanced search

Miscarrying for second time ...

(13 Posts)
chickenwings Tue 16-May-06 13:39:37

... feeling totally miserable. It doesn't help that both this time and last time I know someone with a healthy pregnancy/baby due at same time.

I am only 7 weeks and already have 2 healthy kids so in theory should not be that sad. However, I just keep bursting into tears.

I am sure it will get better with time but this is awful. I knew someone who had a miscarriage who said it really wasn't that bad but I don't agree. DH and I have both been longing for a third but maybe it just is not meant to be.

Northerner Tue 16-May-06 13:43:26

Oh chickenwings. I am so sorry hun.

I miscarried 4 weeks ago, and it is very sad and emotional.

Be good to yourself.
xx

fairyjay Tue 16-May-06 13:51:58

chickenwings - look after yourself. I'm so sorry.

kjq Tue 16-May-06 21:56:14

I M/c'd 4 weeks ago. I have 2 lo's too. At first I was fine but now a month on I can't keep up the facade, but it seems like everyone has forgotton already.

Lots of folk on here will give you the encouragement and help you need.

Take good care of yourself.

Cadmum Tue 16-May-06 21:59:49

Chickenwings: My sympathies and empathy. My second miscarriage was after our third healthy child but it was still devastating. Be kind to yourself. Of course you feel miserable.

Don't think that it is impossible to have a third. I am now holding our fourth and I have had three late miscarriages. Anything is possible. Hang in there. Keep posting.

dewmeadow Tue 16-May-06 22:03:08

6 months before I conceived my DS (now 11 weeks) I had a miscarriage, and it seemed that loads of other people were pregnant atthe same time. I found this incredibly upsetting Chickenwings and also was very emotional for ages.

I think it is natural to grieve for the loss of your wee baby.

Thinking of you. x

Maddison Tue 16-May-06 22:11:11

So sorry Chicken wings

I've never had a MC so of course I cannot understand fully how you must be feeling, just wanted to say that to my way of thinking no matter how many children you have a MC would still be very upsetting.

Take care xx

Beauregard Tue 16-May-06 22:13:06

so sorry

chickenwings Tue 16-May-06 22:19:20

I am feeling a bit better now. The sadness comes and goes in waves. Also, I think the worst physical part is over so that helps.

Many thanks for all your thoughtful messages.

Off to bed now.

Cadmum Wed 17-May-06 16:44:11

How are you feeling today?

Thinking of you.

brodiesmummy Wed 17-May-06 20:12:11

I miscarried about about 5 wks ago, but everyone seems to have moved on.Right now I feel angry that I don't have a bump and should have been starting to feel the baby move it's so hard isn't it!!DH keeps asking why I'm so down - it's like he's forgotten already. I'm it must get easier with tim but we will probably be Having my DS birthday party around what would have been my due date.That'll be hard too...

Angsthase Thu 18-May-06 11:04:36

Chickenwings, so so sorry. It will get better, but you are totally allowed to feel sad and give yourself time to grieve.

I had a missed m/c a couple of weeks ago. It is a very sad thing. I also have a friend who is pregnant and it doesn't help to be reminded. It just brings it all back up.

Some moments I think it's fine and I'm coping and others I just want to cry and cry.

It will get better - we will survive. Thinking of you. <<<<HUGS>>>>

FirstNikki Thu 18-May-06 16:42:38

chickenwings so for your loss.

mc is different for each person and each loss and I think that was a little insensitive of that person who said that it wasn't that bad. I suppose it depends on your circumstances.

I agree with some comments on here too, some people move on and forget about it, some can't talk about it and some well its just from one extreme to the other sometimes. I think the most important thing is trying to focus on you and your partner and if you have children then them. The babies we lost will never be forgotten so maybe doing something in memory of may help I have heard this helps and considering it next month when I would have given birth to my first baby. I will then go through the same process for the next one too.

Its perfectly normal to be in tears and be upset its grief and a loss which brings emotions and heartache. Take Care of yourself and try not to worry too much on what people are saying or might say as its sometimes difficult for them to say/do the right thing too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: