Talk

Advanced search

First period after natural mc

(6 Posts)
EuroShaggleton Sat 13-Apr-13 17:35:21

The ladies here were absolutely lovely when I was mcing. Thank you all. I hope you might be able to guide me on this one.

I mc'd a month ago (naturally). Bled for just under two weeks. Cycle came back straight away with ovulation just a day or two late and period arriving as normal after that.

I'm on day 3 now, which would normally be a heavy day for me, but this is something else. I had loads of clotty nastiness pouring out of me this morning. That seems to have stopped now but I am bleeding so heavily I'm feeling a little lightheaded. This morning was heavier than the mc (I didn't seem to get many clots then, just the sac and lots and lots of blood).

Is it normal to have an extra-heavy period post-mc? Should I be worried or not?

Bakingtins Sat 13-Apr-13 19:53:12

From the collective experience of the ladies on the TTC-after-MC thread, it sounds normal, though it doesn't happen to everyone. I think if there was any lining retained after the MC it all comes out at the next period. I had bits that looked like tissue as well [yuck]
If it doesn't settle over the next day or so I'd contact your EPU for advice/reassurance.

andadietcoke Sat 13-Apr-13 19:58:01

Euro my first period after my mc was a lot worse than the mc itself - I ended up having to buy knickers, tights and a new skirt in my lunch hour. Maternity pads were my saviour. It was only really really heavy for one day, and then calmed down - hopefully you've seen the worse.

Take care of yourself. I felt quite lightheaded and unwell with it, as well as the cramps etc.

MildredH Sun 14-Apr-13 00:27:51

I second what the others have said.. My first period after MMC was very heavy ( unusually for me). I remember having to go home early from work.

I hope you're through the worst of it..

EuroShaggleton Sun 14-Apr-13 13:19:03

Thanks ladies. I'm glad to hear it seems to be pretty normal. It seems to have calmed down today. I'm not sure I could have taken more rivers of gore. It made me feel quite shakey, and I have had heavy painful periods since my teens. That was something else though.

and it was worse than the mc for me too -but doesn't seem to be lasting as long, thankfully.

wattingerofdoom Mon 15-Apr-13 15:59:07

I logged on to ask the very same question! My period started a couple of days ago, pretty much 28 days since my miscarriage started, which ironically is the closest I have ever come to a 'normal' cycle length.

It has been far heavier and more painful than my actual miscarriage, so I can't wait for it to end.

This might sound a little nuts, but it's hit me quite hard emotionally. I feel a bit like it's happening all over again, even though I know it's only a period and I should feel pleased that my body is getting back to nomal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now