Talk

Advanced search

I'm miscarrying.

(10 Posts)
featherbag Fri 12-Apr-13 20:54:45

I feel so numb. 5+6 today, was going to tell my parents tomorrow. Would've been DC2, very much wanted. I've had terrible cramps which I thought were implantation cramps, they've been mild today though. Then sitting eating takeaway and felt wet, huge gush of bright red blood with the embryo and sac. I've seen too many MCs in my job not to recognise it. DH doesn't know what to do or say, I've just gotten changed and sat back down to eat. I don't know what else to do. Pain's mild and although I'm still bleeding physically I feel ok. Talk to me please.

nellyjelly Fri 12-Apr-13 20:56:34

Awwwwww I am so sorry. It is tough. Take care of yourself.

Are you going to go to hospital tomorrow?

featherbag Fri 12-Apr-13 20:57:27

No, there's no scanning facility at weekends, no point.

featherbag Fri 12-Apr-13 20:57:49

Plus I'm as sure as I can be that it's gone.

Sailormercury Fri 12-Apr-13 21:03:44

I'm sure there are no words worthy for a time like this, but for what its worth I'm so sorry for your loss flowers

Cheerymum Fri 12-Apr-13 21:10:20

I have been there, I know how you feel. So sorry for your loss. Your DH will be grieving too, which probably accounts for not knowing how to handle it. Make sure you talk to him about how you both feel at some point when you are both ready. If you just need lots of hugs, tell him so. Be kind to yourself in the coming weeks. Will be thinking of you xx

PoppySeedBun Fri 12-Apr-13 22:07:53

So sorry for you featherbag - rubbish to have it happen so suddenly like that, with so little warning. Take some time to talk to each other if you can, once it's sunk in.
Don't know what else to say - thinking of you

featherbag Fri 12-Apr-13 22:29:19

Thank you

blondieminx Fri 12-Apr-13 22:37:05

I'm so sorry.

Be kind to yourself and keep dosed up on painkillers (given you are certain what's happened, there is no need to suffer physically as well as grieving).

Arseface Fri 12-Apr-13 23:08:24

So sorry this is happening Featherbag.

I found it easier to carry on as normal. Friends have found a day under the duvet better. Do what ever you need and be prepared for grief to hit once the numb unreality of it wears off.

Also needed to give DH very clear instructions about what would help as he was paralysed by fear of making things worse.
He was better when I stopped asking how he felt and said, ' I feel x, y (usually wine!) would help.'
He was then happy to talk about what he was feeling.

It's shit though. I'm sorry. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now