Hi, I'm 19, found out two weeks ago that I was pregnant and everything was going fine but also got told that I have polycystic ovaries but at the time wasn't bothering me. I was excited but unfortunately my partner wasn't. I attended a regular scan to see if the development of the baby was growing ok or not two days ago. Disappointingly my pregnancy sack is growing perfect but my baby isn't the hospital has given me three options which are to miscarry naturally, have a ERPC or medical management. I have chosen to go for the ERPC option but my partner thinks I shouldn't and I should just go for the medical management. I want it over and done with. I just want to know if this is a good option and how others have felt and what they have experienced. I don't have much support and feel like I'm going through this on my own as everyone is ignoring it other than myself. Just need some advice and more info on this procedure. Thank you.
HI babeeb I'm sorry you've lost your baby and that you are feeling unsupported. It's a very individual decision which method to choose. There is lots of practical information on the choices here and a thread about the experiences of other women here.
I've had 2 natural miscarriages, 1 medically managed and effectively an ERPC (without the emotional baggage) after the birth of my son. I'd pick the ERPC. I don't think your partner gets to decide this bit, it's you who has to go through it. Do whatever you think is least bad for you.
So sorry you are going through this and feel so alone.
I personally would have the ERPC (and did, back in Oct). For one thing it gets everything over and done with rather than the stress and uncertainty of waiting for the miscarriage to start naturally. Also, if there were any problems that caused the miscarriage it could be picked up on when the 'products of conception' (a horrible phrase) are sent off for examination afterwards (as was the case with me).
I'm sorry for your loss.
I had the erpc. Quick, easy, painless, minimal blood. I'd already had horrendous heavy bleeding with clots and contractions and pain. I still had lots of tissue left and there was no way I could do the rest naturally. I had DS2 11 months later.
Definitely the erpc , I had this last week , I had already been booked in for it but started to miscarry naturally the morning of the erpc and it was awful so given the choice ( not all hospitals do give the choice) I'd say erpc . Sorry for your loss xx
Just to add .. I did actually have it too even tho I was already miscarrying as like you I wanted it to be over quickly
Join the discussion
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.