Talk

Advanced search

Sex after miscarriage

(6 Posts)
MrsStewartson Thu 07-Feb-13 02:28:34

I had a miscarriage Jan 11th of this year. It's been approximately 3 weeks since my bleeding stopped. I was told by a nurse that the general amount of time to wait is 6weeks before being intimate again. My husband and I are really having a hard time waiting it out so I went on the net for some advice. I have seen people say it's ok to have sex once the bleeding stops, 2-3wks, etc. We aren't planning on trying again for now so we'd use protection--would it be safe for us to be intimate now?

ripsishere Thu 07-Feb-13 02:36:38

After one of mine, the doctor told me once the bleeding had stopped and we felt comfortable.
Good luck.

MrsStewartson Thu 07-Feb-13 02:52:24

Thank you for your advice!

Jules2809 Thu 09-May-13 18:27:34

I had a miscarriage 11 days ago via medical management. The bleeding has almost stopped now. Just have slight brown discharge. My husband and I are late starters and was about to start ivf before we conceived naturally but lost the baby after 9 weeks. We only found out during the 12th week dating scan. We are now ready to start conceiving again. But the nurse told me that once the bleeding has stopped I should do a pregnancy test and tell the nurse of the result. I did one this morning and it is positive. Should we still have sex or should we wait a few days and do another test to make sure it is negative. We are keen to conceive. Any advice?

ChocolateCremeEggBag Fri 10-May-13 06:52:08

If you are not actively trying, then use protection as you can get pg straight after mc without having an AF in between

I think the advice about waiting is as much for your emotional recovery as physically once you've stopped bleeding you are pretty much good to go (so to speak)

Branleuse Fri 10-May-13 07:23:32

whenever you feel ready x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now