Talk

Advanced search

Wishing and hoping but fearing the worst. Waiting for a scan...

(5 Posts)
Aboxofmaltesers Tue 23-Oct-12 11:53:46

The not knowing is the difficult bit isn't it?
6+1 by LMP with crampy pain and pinky now more reddish bleeding.
Not looking good as this is exactly how my previous miscarriages (2) began.
That little bit of hope that it's just implantation or a cervical erosion but the sinking feeling that it's not.

I'm lucky though as I've a DS 22 mo who is giving plenty of cuddles and kisses, amazing how they pick up on your sadness and worry.

2 days until the scan.

I'm just sad.

Not expecting sympathy, just wanted to get it out, as apart from my pragmatic DH nobody knows, so I've got nobody to cry at, you lot will have to do.

messtins Tue 23-Oct-12 13:27:24

You can have some sympathy! The not knowing is horrible. I've had 2 successful pregnancies and 2 miscarriages and had this at early stages in all of them. It is not always bad news and it can go either way. I know it's probably easier to prepare yourself for the worst, but we will keep FX on your behalf until your scan. You know we are here with wine brew [flowers] if you turn out to need them.

messtins Tue 23-Oct-12 13:27:40

or even thanks

MrsJohnDeere Tue 23-Oct-12 13:49:02

Thinking of you. What a horrible thing to be going through. Wish I could say something to make it better. I know from bitter experience that the next couple of days will go painfully slowly. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you.

Aboxofmaltesers Tue 23-Oct-12 15:56:30

Thanks.

Yep, time certainly does drag.
Nearly 2 days of obsessing to go...
Fingers crossed.
Messtins thanks, as you do lose sight that for some people it is ok, it's good to hear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now