Talk

Advanced search

Ectopic pregnancy

(2 Posts)
Adam09smummy Fri 19-Oct-12 16:25:21

Hi All

I am sitting here at home trying to get over my recent ectopic pregnancy. I knew in my heart I was having an ectopic (good old google!) but I wasn't quite prepared for how serious the situation was as it had already ruptured and I was bleeding internally. So I was rushed into theatre last Wednesday and am now minus my left tube.

I have a gorgeous little boy who will be 4 in January but our journey to add to our family as been hell. I suffered two MMCs both detected at the 12 week scan and both of which required ERPCs. I then took a break as I was getting married before trying again. And I got dealt an ectopic!

Why is life so bloody unfair?? Don't get me wrong, I know how lucky I am to have my wonderful son but is it so bad to want more? I am also 40 now so don't have time on my side any more.

Does anyone have any stories of hope they can share with me? My consultant had a check of my remaining tube during my op and said it was perfectly healthy, and there is no reason why I can't have a healthy pregnancy buuuuut I'm so bloody scared about trying again (when the time is right) despite the fact the hospital have told me they will support me all the way with early scans and checks etc.

Sorry to have gone on a bit. I've only just joined Mumsnet and this isn't a great way to say 'hello' to you all xx

PuffPants Sun 21-Oct-12 00:50:09

Hi there - so sorry to read your post, you should take a look at the ectopic pregnancy support thread, within this section. It's a big one do you should see it clearly. Many, many women in there know what you are going through and will have supportive words to offer. Lots of them have positive stories of subsequent pregnancies too. Good luck, I've been there - it's horrid isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now