Talk

Advanced search

How long? (TMI question)

(3 Posts)
squizita Wed 17-Oct-12 17:38:20

Sadly I am going through a miscarriage.

My hospital have been very good, they have done a scan and bloods. I know where I stand (luckily because my pains were more on one side than the other so I had ectopic fears) which although sad means I feel reassured I'm not going to collapse in agony. I had a scan...nothing there and ovaries/tubes normal (some wind fuzzing the view of the left ovary) - double checked with bloods thurs then tues (hcg went from low pregancy to definitely not pregnant over the 4 days). I am now just experiencing what I can only describe as a heavy, horrid period that leaves me tired and spaced out.

People have spoken about the emotional side of things but have been quite open-ended on the TMI stuff like how long will I bleed for (I've had 3 days bleeding - as opposed to spotting), also I have a cramp/period pain and a low pain (like a bruise or mild sprain) towards the front of my abdomen really low down (TMI- almost on my natural 'pubic hair line') which I am wondering is something to do with wee or wind? Or some kind of bruise/sprain? It sounds daft but I dodn't want to ask loads of questions like this in the hospital as I might sound crass or heartless, but although I am so terribly sad I also need to know what's 'normal'.

Hope this makes sense...

woollywomble Wed 17-Oct-12 18:05:28

Hi squizita, sorry to hear you're going through this. I miscarried at 11 weeks on 26 Sep and have only just stopped bleeding today (so lasted 3 weeks) but think it depends on how far along you were. I also had a dull pain in my public area and asked the nurse about it who said it was normal. I would say though if it goes on for a while, get it checked out just in case.

squizita Wed 17-Oct-12 18:16:31

Thank you so much for this. Reassured. Yes, I spoke to a friend who's a nurse and they said make a note of it and if it goes on for ages, ring the GP or hospital gyno dept (seriously I should pay them rent, i spent ages visiting to sort myself out ready to have kids and then this... sounds daft but I feel guilty like I wasted NHS resources on my useless insides...sad ).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now