Talk

Advanced search

How long did it take for you period to start after miscarriage?

(6 Posts)
MammaMo Tue 16-Oct-12 22:33:51

I am in my 6th week after miscarriage and still no period confused
Also if I am pregnant it makes it difficult to work out dates as I don't have my last period to go by so how do i work out if I am late?

Smallgreenone Wed 17-Oct-12 03:39:35

Mine was quite quick, think 5 weeks or so. You won't be able to work out of you're late until you've had a normal period. I think that the reason the doctors like you to wait a month before trying again.

messtins Wed 17-Oct-12 13:27:11

Have you done a pregnancy test? It's not unusual for the first cycle to take longer than normal. Mine after recent MC was 5 weeks, 1 longer than normal, and was actually quite surprised because it took 3 weeks after MC to get a negative test so thought it might take longer.
If you are pregnant then it's a perfect excuse to have an early dating/reassurance scan....

MammaMo Wed 17-Oct-12 21:51:44

Messtins...I don't think I am pregnant even though i get weird feelings in my belly (which maybe is to do with my body getting back to it's normal self) I did a pregnancy test 10 and 12 days after unprotected sex (unprotected sex being 3 weeks ago) and it was negative. I don't seem to have any pregnancy symptoms to make me feel i should do another test but am wondering if 10-12 days was too soon hmm

CheckItOutFartShoes Wed 17-Oct-12 22:31:15

My first AF arrived today - exactly 26 days since my ERPC - my previous cycle was always bang on 26 days, so it's seems normal service has resumed for me :-(

messtins Thu 18-Oct-12 08:11:04

There's a woman on the TTC after MC thread who has had a really long cycle after MC and used acupuncture - seems to have finally got things going again for her. I think you are still well within the realms of normal, but if nothing happens in the next week and you are still BFN, maybe it's worth considering?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now