Talk

Advanced search

Is first AF after MC always a bit later than expected?

(11 Posts)
SuperSesame Mon 15-Oct-12 12:44:55

Just wondering that really.
I had a MC at 5 weeks a month ago. It was all over in a week.
I'm now on day 29 of a usually 26-28 day cycle, if I count first day of AF to actually be first day of MC. (Is that right?)
Unlikely to be pregnant so just wondering when I should expect AF.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 15-Oct-12 13:23:07

So sorry about your MC, it is utterly horrible.

I had a MC last month (at 7+4) and my AF just arrived yesterday. My normal cycle is 26-28 days. From the first start of bleeding it was 6 weeks, from the full MC, which took a little while to come, it was month, and from the end of bleeding it only took 25 days or so.

I was told to expect AF anytime between 4 and 6 weeks after the end of bleeding. So if I were you I would expect it anytime between now and in three weeks time.

Can you normally tell when you ovulate? Despite my body being a bit off for a while, I could roughly pinpoint when it happened, my AF arrived two weeks later.

I was going mad waiting, being used to relatively cycles where I know what is going on. All in all, it has taken forever and once you know this is over you just want to get on, don't you?

Good luck, AF should come, or even better, not for a good reason in the next week or two.

SuperSesame Mon 15-Oct-12 13:40:26

Thank you thats helpful loveslemon!

At least I know to expect it in the next couple of weeks. I do feel like its imminent but felt that way for days now. I'm going to try and relax and forget about it. That might spur it on!
I've no idea when/if I ovulated. I usually would be aware but it was a crazy busy month.
Sorry to hear it hppened to you too, it isn't pleasant, but hopefully good news is close by for both of us!

mumtoaandj Mon 15-Oct-12 14:00:09

I am still waiting for my a, my mc (pain)started 6th september and i started bleeding 14th september. it has not arrived yet- have taken a test and it isnt positive. it felt imminent last week but never started. very confusing being out of tune with my body.

SuperSesame Mon 15-Oct-12 14:31:32

Very similar dates, mumto, started MC on Sept 16th which started off very heavy from the beginning. I hate not knowing.
I really don't want to to arrive when I am not prepared!

suntodayplease Mon 15-Oct-12 15:02:40

My mc started on 14th sep, went from light pink to heavy bleeding in several hours. Normally 26 day cycle, af didn't arrive last week although dr did say to expect a longer cycle. I got a bfp on Friday, but having spotting on and off since so I'm not hopeful. Hate not knowing, and I found waiting for af last week just as bad. Hope you get an answer soon.

SuperSesame Mon 15-Oct-12 15:07:29

Oh, hope it goes ok for you this time. What a month of different emotions you are having. All this mental and physical stuff is so draining.

I think when AF appears I'm going to do NOTHING else in regards to TTC, date checking, worrying etc. I'm just so tired of it all and want to get away from it.

Irishmammybread Mon 15-Oct-12 15:22:58

Hi. I miscarried in March at 11 wks and AF arrived 35 days after bleeding started.(I'm normally a 28 d cycle.) I started charting my temp, conceived in the next cycle but then miscarried at 6 weeks. Bleeding was over within a week and I ovulated and conceived 14 days from when bleeding had started(so if I hadn't conceived I suppose it would have been a normal 28 day cycle).
I miscarried again at 12 weeks(heart had stopped at 8w6d) and because I was still charting I know I ovulated on d23 and then had a luteal phase of 12d, so it was another 35 day cycle.
It's all a bit unpredicatable after MC I think!

SuperSesame Mon 22-Oct-12 13:36:09

Should update this. Am preganant!
I said in OP it was very unlikely. We dtd once in the whole month as I wasn't really in the mood after MC.
Must be true what they say about higher fertility post-MC!

suntodayplease Mon 22-Oct-12 19:16:00

Congratulations! Fingers crossed all goes smoothly this time and you're finding ways to relax and distract yourself over the next few weeks! I'm hanging on in there still, and an early scan booked for later this week due more spotting. Until then I'm on tenterhooks!

SuperSesame Tue 23-Oct-12 10:45:07

Oh good luck to you suntoday. Hope we are both ok for the next few weeks in particular.
Haven't booked anything yet as I'm too scared.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now