Talk

Advanced search

Post mc bleeding. Need advice

(5 Posts)
CarrotWithaTwist Tue 09-Oct-12 09:27:26

Hi,
Since my mc I've been having light bleeding after sex and wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

I've been ttc for a year and a half. Always had long and irregular cycles (28-74 days).
I fell pregnant in May and miscarried in July at 12 weeks. After the mc bleed finally stopped I had a 35 day cycle. Then dtd on cd11 the following day I had abdominal pains and bloody ewcm. Then for 30 days I had brown discharge style light spotting. This was starting to drive me mad and was so happy when this finally stopped last week.
I left things a while to make sure it had finally gone, had clear ewcm so dtd this weekend. On Monday morning I had a very light pink bleed combined with ewcm. This does not seem to have continued but I don't understand what is going on.

Dr Google obviously has some hideous explanations for post-sex bleeding but 'bleeding' seems like too strong a word for a tiny speck.

However the adominal pains have started again, not period pains but more general aching. After 18 months of ttc, we are not particularly 'energetic' in our shagging.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I feel like the mc 'damaged' something in there.
The plan is to see the Dr but I hoped someone on here might be able to shed some light on what might be happening.

Lolcbcblemonlime Tue 09-Oct-12 21:28:22

Carrot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How are you my lovely sister?!!!
I have never bled after my mc so can't really help but wanted to come and say hi. Was looking for you the other day. Come back to ttc Fred- the after mc one!
Hope u doing ok despite bleeding x

CarrotWithaTwist Tue 09-Oct-12 22:38:13

Hi Lol!!!
I couldn't find you either. You've changed your name!
I've not been doing much MNing as I've been trying to reduce my mentalling.

This bleeding is starting to worry me. I've read on other posts that spotting and weird cycles are not uncommon after mc, but DrGoogle has post-sex bleed being anything from an STD to cancer. But tbh DrGoogle says a headache is anything from an STD to cancer as well.

Lolcbcblemonlime Wed 10-Oct-12 18:20:54

Glad I found you!
I would not worry too much at the moment tbh as I think anything and everything can happen after mc. It's still early days. Maybe if it happens again pop in to the doctor and ask. Bad move to read google!
I added fruit to my name as there was a lucky streak of bfp with fruity names. And now can't be arsed to change back!
How have you been? Are u ttc already?

CarrotWithaTwist Wed 10-Oct-12 20:08:07

Hehe! I like the lucky fruit. Wonder if carrots count?
Yes we are ttc again already but I'm taking things slow and trying desperately not go crazy over it all.
I'll pm you rather than chatting in this thread.
Speak soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now