Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

BFP + bleeding - what do I do now?

(9 Posts)
OhGood Sun 30-Sep-12 10:46:18

I had BFP yesterday. AF about 2 days late. Now bleeding heavily plus cramps. Feels like this is not working out.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do now?

Do I need to see doc or do I just test again in a week or so?
Can I just TTC again straight away this month or do I have to wait?
Will it mess up my cycle?

Feeling grim and would just like to be able to put it behind me and move on. Thanks.

OhGood Sun 30-Sep-12 17:56:24

bump sad

scaredmummy2B Sun 30-Sep-12 17:57:52

Hey hun sounds like your mis carrying you can go to doctor for advice but he will just tell you to rest if you bleed loads go through 8 pads or more go to a and e and tell them Wats happening! Your htc levels will still be high in a weeks time so don't test too soon this will come back positive and give you false hope you just have to sit it out and see wat happens I'm afraid! There is a mc support group on here if you'd like to join us for support its in conversations called ttc after mc

Hang tight babe x

OhGood Sun 30-Sep-12 18:00:35

Thank you, that's very useful. See you on the thread.

scaredmummy2B Sun 30-Sep-12 18:19:58

You can also ask doctor for an early scan or some epu's are drop in so ring your local and ask advice they do them from 6 weeks x

messtins Sun 30-Sep-12 20:15:28

Sorry to hear that. Not much you can do, or that the doctor can do for you, at this early stage. Unlikely to see a foetal heartbeat on a scan until 6 weeks so that won't be helpful and you'd have to have an internal scan which is not pleasant. A negative pregnancy test is a good sign that your womb has emptied itself, and it shouldn't take too long to return to being negative because your HCG will not have risen very high at 4 weeks. If the bleeding or pain is worrying then either go to A+E or phone out of hours GP, but again, the physical part should be relatively mild because it's at an early stage. Emotionally very tough, though, so take it easy. There is no need to wait to TTC again, the only reason it is sometimes recommended is to make it easier to date a future pregnancy because sometimes cycles after a MC can be longer than normal.
The thread scared mentioned is on the conception board and is called "TTC after recent MC"

messtins Sun 30-Sep-12 20:17:00

The other thing to say is that bleeding in pregnancy is not necessarily bad news, but your description doesn't sound encouraging. If it has settled down then I'd contact your GP and they will probably refer you to EPU for a scan to see if the pregnancy is continuing.

OhGood Sun 30-Sep-12 22:21:30

Thanks, messtins.

It's a real leveller, isn't it. I feel like an army has marched over me.

messtins Mon 01-Oct-12 08:06:32

How are you today ohgood? Hope you are able to take it easy. Taking some sort of tonic for a while probably isn't a bad idea - I continued to take my pregnancy vitamins and Spatone iron sachets. I did feel pretty rough for a few days after it was all over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now