Talk

Advanced search

ovulation after miscarriage on cd27?!

(8 Posts)
aMuminwaiting Thu 26-Apr-12 09:14:35

I've had 5 miscarriages now going from 21wks+5 down to 5wks. I was on progesterone suppositories and aspirin for babies 3 and 4, then aspirin and clexane for the whole six days I knew I was pregnant last time. I've never tested positive for anything. I wasn't offered a scan last time so I paid to get one privately to make sure the miscarriage was complete and my body was ina good enough state to try again and give my net baby the best chance I could. I've been doing opks for years, initially because my cycles were anything from 26-40 days and I would have killed my husband BDing that long! After my mmc with baby 4 they went back to 28 days and I ovulated on cd14-15. This time I've been doing them since I stopped bleeding and the second line has been fairly dark for the past ten days. I keep thinking right it's about to happen and grabbing my DH but then it doesn't get darker than the test line. Yesterday it looked really dark but when it dried only the bottom part of the line was darker than the test line and that would have been cd27! (took first day of heavy bleeding as cd1). My breasts have been feeling so heavy and sore that I've woken up the past five nights. I also keep getting pains in my calfs like cramps so I have to keep stretching out. My stomach has been swollen for the last week and won't go down so all my clothes feel tight and uncomfortable. I was thinking that maybe I'd actually ovulated early and missed it somehow or the tests were rubbish so did a clearblue test the other day and that was negative too. Any ideas?!

FoofFighter Thu 26-Apr-12 14:14:22

Are you sure you didn't after all ovulate early and what you are picking up now is a positive pg??

aMuminwaiting Thu 26-Apr-12 16:34:13

I thought that too but the clearblue was def negative. If the opk was picking up on pregnancy then the hcg test would too by now wouldn't it? I've had some light cramping today, have just been to the loo and had a very light brown when I wiped. TOTALLY confused now! How can I be about to start my period if I just ovulated yesterday?! Why does this all have to be so confusing? The bloating is driving me nuts. I'm sitting here at my desk with my jeans undone because my tummy is so swollen. I'm seeing the consultant Tuesday and she always goes on about me losing weight (I'm 5ft and 11stone10 and have not thought of myself as overweight until I saw her) and I know she'll tell me I've put weight on even though my diet is no different.

FoofFighter Thu 26-Apr-12 16:38:59

Well, clearblues aren't the most sensitive of pg tests I have read.

Could you still have some "products" hate that expression left from MC that are fudging things up a bit?

Umm... GP?

aMuminwaiting Thu 26-Apr-12 17:33:09

No I paid for a scan and she said everything was clear from the last pregnancy. I was told after the D&C for the mmc that it looked like I had the start of polysystic ovaries but when I went for my private scan she said it's impossible to know you have "the start" of it from a scan, you need a blood test to know and my ovaries certainly didn't look polysystic. It does feel like a period is coming but that just doesn't make sense as the test did look positive yesterday. OH and my GPs are beyond useless so it's not worth wasting time going there. I guess I'll see how it goes over the next few days and see what the consultant says...not that she's ever said anything helpful either.

aMuminwaiting Sat 28-Apr-12 14:10:28

Just realised I gave myself an extra stone! I'm 10stone11. Anyway, still bloated, had a little pink cm yesterday but nothing today. Maybe it was the egg being released. Is it true that getting pregnant with late or delayed ovulation means it's old and therefor more likely to miscarry? Or is that only when you're over a certain age? I don't know when I ovulated with my first because I wasn't doing opts but my others were around cd14 and miscarried anyway.

aMuminwaiting Sat 28-Apr-12 14:11:18

opks not opts. My Mac really annoys me and keeps changing words. It's so damn bossy!

DaisyMaisyJessicaEmily Sat 28-Apr-12 14:50:37

Never seen that said about eggs with late ovulation, have seen it about older people having more likelihood of duff eggs but that's all.

Fingers crossed eh smile

(foof have namechanged)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now