Talk

Advanced search

Any advice on encouraging my miscarriage to happen?

(7 Posts)
pipsicles Thu 12-Apr-12 12:16:08

I don't know if any of you have tried anything to encourage your miscarriage to get started? I'm 10+1, but my baby was measured on Tuesday at about 5wks. I'm waiting for another scan to make sure that I have miscarried, but I know I have.

I've tried doing some research on natural methods to help my miscarriage get started, but am getting upset finding people or websites advising about how to naturally abort a pregnancy. It just makes it feel all the more unfair angry

I was wondering whether the same techniques that can stimulate labour might work, such as raspberry leaf tea? Equally, if you tried anything that really didn't work, then I'd like to know.

I'm really fed up of waiting and right now, am feeling quite practical, clinical and detached from it, but I know it's only a matter of time before the floodgates open and my emotions take over again.

Many thanks for any replies.

ChuckleMonster Thu 12-Apr-12 13:01:28

So sorry you are in this situation. I had an mmc a few weeks ago and fortunatley didnt have to wait long between finding out the baby had died and being 'evacuated' - the limbo bit is awful. I agree that anything that brings on labour might be useful to you (pineapple juice, sex, hot curries - cant think of anything else). I hope you find something that helps - its nice to feel like you have some control over what is happening.

FoofFighter Thu 12-Apr-12 14:50:33

sad lovey, can you not think about going for medical management (the tablets to induce it) or surgical? the limbo waiting must be awful I only had one day of waiting after the scan and that was bad enough. I have read of people taking a month or more for it to start naturally.

funthatisfunny Thu 12-Apr-12 15:11:48

bah I am in limbo still too pips. Am going to go for a long run as exercise seems to give me cramping pains. Are your symptoms going yet? Are you really going to just sit and wait? I would have medical management if I could.

Be well chuck x

pipsicles Thu 12-Apr-12 20:37:17

I would like medical management, but we're still away at the moment and can't get an appointment until Monday. That said, I seem to have a light 'period' (I hate thinking of it as just that sad) starting this evening, after having quite a big walk with DH and DS this afternoon and I've had one cup of raspberry leaf tea and about to make another too. I'm hoping this is actually the start, although I will still go in on Monday to check all is going as it should. I've also got a reflexology session booked for Saturday, at my house, which could help further, or at least help me relax a bit.

Some of my symptoms have gone, but I am still so tired, exhausted after exercise, getting the odd dizzy spell and was feeling cruelly nauseous at times today - it feels like my body is laughing at me sad

I hope the run helped you today fun - I had to run for the ferry ('cross the Mersey) today and think that may be when some of the bleeding started. I hope your limbo ends soon.

I've been strangely emotion-less today too. I had a MASSIVE uncontrollable sob when I went to bed last night and barely a tear shed at all today - it feels very strange.

funthatisfunny Fri 13-Apr-12 09:17:47

hey pip how are you today? i am flat,flat,flat. forgot you were away. i daren't go away with all this going on.

going to run probably tomorrow tho think i am getting ill sad wish i had some friends where i live to cheer me up! it isn't even losing bubs that makes me down, just the limbo.

laters pip
x

Firsttimer1007 Mon 16-Apr-12 19:18:04

Hi everyone I'm just reading this thread as ive too been diagnosed with a mmc. I've to go for my confirmation scan this fri, so I'm in the limbo situation too and I'm just being nosy and wanted to see how you all are getting on now?any developments?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: