Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding after ERPC

(3 Posts)
Moominsummermadness Mon 24-Oct-11 19:20:22

Hello,

I had an ERPC 13 days ago following a MMC. By my LMP date, I thought I was 13 weeks, 2 days pregnant, but when I went for my dating scan we discovered that the baby had died at 7 weeks, 1 day. It was a Friday, we were told to go away and think over the weekend about whether to let nature take its course, or have surgery and come back for an appointment on the Monday morning to let them know what I'd decided. I wasn't given any information about the procedure, the midwife seemed to be very busy,and to be honest, I was so upset I just wanted to get out of there.
I googled the procedure, the information that I found suggested that I would bleed for up to a week afterwards. After I had the surgery on 11th October, I had a fair amount of bleeding immediately afterwards, but then the next day it was similar to having a period, with cramping too. A week later, I went to see the GP, as although the bleeding had turned brown, it had become reddish again, and slightly heavier, and I was getting some cramping again. GP prescribed me some antibiotics, and said to go back again if it hadn't resolved itself in another week. It stopped on Staurday, but then came back again yesterday, still brown, occasionally reddish, and light to moderate in flow. Has anyone experienced similar after an ERPC? I know I could go back to the GP, but if it is normal I'm inclined to leave it a bit longer. I just want to get back to normal- I had light brown bleeding all the way through the pregnancy- so I feel like it's never-ending!!

froggers1 Mon 24-Oct-11 19:24:15

Hi - sorry for your loss. I had an EPRC at 12 weeks similar to you - baby had died a month earlier. I would go back to the doctors. I think I bled for about 10 days - it was a few yrs ago so memory hazy - but it did lessen and lessen. Better to be safe than sorry I would say. They won't mind

Moominsummermadness Mon 24-Oct-11 19:29:35

Thanks Froggers, I think I will go back, as it's all I can think about! I'm a bit scared that they didn't remove everything during the procedure. I just need closure now, and hopefully try again once everything is back to normal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now