Talk

Advanced search

That's it

(15 Posts)
stayathomegardener Fri 21-Oct-11 20:10:53

Ok 8 years,3 miscarriages,High natural killer cells,Low sperm count,a year of Dr Shehata, steroids and 6 months of injections and scans I can now say having got my period today THAT IS IT.NO MORE!

I'm 42,I am exhausted and today I am stopping.

Life will be different but hey it might be better.

I have not posted on this topic before but it has been an amazing private support for me and in an important and funny way I wanted to let you all know where I'm up to .

ColdSancerre Fri 21-Oct-11 20:13:07

I'm sorry it's come to this for you. I don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry for everything you have gone through.

stayathomegardener Fri 21-Oct-11 20:17:53

That's kind thank you cold

SazZaVoom Fri 21-Oct-11 20:19:43

sad

All the best for your 'new life'. may it be full of love, excitement and happiness smile

stayathomegardener Fri 21-Oct-11 20:21:40

Fabulous attitude saz,one which I intend to embrace.

ColdSancerre Fri 21-Oct-11 20:22:11

Have you DC's already?

It's such a hard decision to make, I've had 3 mc too over the last 4 years and am 39. The thought of 'when do we stop all this' has been in my mind, we won't be stopping yet as I've just had an op to correct a problem with my womb and we want to now gve it a go. I'm kind of thinking another 2 years and then reassess.

Actually not ttc for the last year while we had tests and treatment has been very relaxing. Maybe a few months break and then you could reassess how you feel?

UnDeadDolly Fri 21-Oct-11 20:23:59

Wow I'm so sorry you have suffered so much. I don't blame you for calling it a day. What's the saying, sometimes we get lost on our way to a dream and end up somewhere even better (or something like that!)
Lots of love

ColdSancerre Fri 21-Oct-11 20:24:46

That's a nice saying Dolly, never heard it before.

SazZaVoom Fri 21-Oct-11 20:27:30

Good for you stayathome smile

Our neighbours went through pretty much the same as you, and although they would have loved DC's and been BRILLIANT parents, they have had to accept it and move on. They do have a great life (although constantly saddened by the lack of DC) and a rock solid relationship.

In fact they are guardians for our children as they are so wonderful. I am sure the same could be said for you.

stayathomegardener Fri 21-Oct-11 20:27:45

I do have DD 12 and partly it makes it easier to stop,for her sake as well as mine.

In the 8 years we have had complete breaks because as you must know it overwhelms you

39 is still young in my eyessmile

stayathomegardener Fri 21-Oct-11 20:31:06

smile dolly

Moominsarescary Sat 22-Oct-11 10:20:24

I'm sorry it has come to this point for you, you seem to have a very positive attitude and I hope the future brings you lots of happiness x

randomimposter Sun 23-Oct-11 08:01:07

Just to say stayathome that I admire you greatly.

I am 43, one DS (3y5m) and we've been trying again since he turned 1. 3 MMCs and 1 CP later, no joy, and it's been feckin' ages since a sniff of a BFP.

I know there's still a tiny chance it could happen, but realistically it's very unlikely now, unless we consider donor eggs. Had set next May as a stop point, as that'll be 3 years, and more crucially that would be the last chance to have (deliver) a baby before I'm 45.

So I tip my hat to you, raise my glass to you and wish you all the very very best. x

Georgimama Sun 23-Oct-11 08:05:09

So sorry it has come to this for you and what a brave decision.

stayathomegardener Sun 23-Oct-11 18:45:10

Thank you jollster and georgimama,I never thought of it as brave and admirable,what lovely words and much better to look at it that waysmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now