Talk

Advanced search

Medication Option....5 tablets, or 1?

(3 Posts)
Tw1nkle Thu 20-Oct-11 09:06:18

Hello,
It looks like I might have to go down the medical route next week, following a MC in early September, that hasn't finished with Expectant Mangement.

The hospital I'm under is just changing their procedures from medical management - it used to be 2 tablets, go home, come back to days later, go into hosptail have have a course of up to 5 more tablets, then home the next day.......they are now chaging this, to 1 tablet and go straight home.

Has anyone any experinec of the 1 tablet option?

Thanks.

Moominsarescary Thu 20-Oct-11 14:57:11

Sorry you are going through this, I was given tablets 3 weeks ago but that was during a mc at 20 weeks so I'm not sure if they are the same ones? I had one vaginal tablet and one oral, then another one oral 4 hours later as the first two hadn't worked very well.

I hope someone cones along soon who can answer your question x

KatAndKit Thu 20-Oct-11 19:50:53

I had 2, 48 hours apart from each other. The first was oral and the second was vaginal. I had to stay in hospital until I had passed the sac but that didn't take long after the second dose.

However, I had a missed miscarriage so if yours had started by itself then the first tablet might not be necessary. I thought the 2 doses 48 hours apart was pretty standard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now