Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

partner not sure when we should try again!!!

(3 Posts)
kellzi Wed 19-Oct-11 21:34:51

had MC 2 weeks ago, partner said we should wait until i feel better, i want to go again straight away, is this wrong ?

MsMarple Wed 19-Oct-11 21:49:12

Firstly, so sorry to hear about your loss.

You're not wrong to want to try again now, pretty understandable actually. You just have to ask yourself whether you could cope with things not working out again so soon.

I've fallen pregnant twice in the cycle immediately after a MC - the first resulted in my gorgeous DS, the second I am still keeping my fingers crossed about... Other times I have not fallen pregnant and getting my period brought all the MC sadness back again. It was like I'd deferred some of the original pain, but it still got me eventually, if you see what I mean?

My coping mechanism is to think that there just is one little soul who has been trying for a while to get through, and I want to keep trying for him or her. If I thought about MCs as lots of individual losses I would probably be needing therapy by now.

I really hope it all works out for you.

Moominsarescary Thu 20-Oct-11 07:48:30

Sorry for your loss
No it's not wrong, I felt the same after my mc last year and within two months I was pg with my now 7 month old baby boy. For the first few weeks after the mc dp was adamant that he didn't want to try again ever.

I agree with ms you do have to consider how you would cope if it happened again so soon. But if it's something you feel strongly about talk to your dp, it sounds like he just wants to make sure your ok

Ms fingers crossed that everything goes well for you in this pg xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now