Talk

Advanced search

how long for a neg pregnancy result after miscarriage??

(11 Posts)
frazzled74 Sat 15-Oct-11 21:06:52

how many weeks following a miscarriage is usual? im interested in others experiences? I miscarried 2 weeks ago and bleeding has stopped and pregnancy symptoms have disappeared, shall i check yet or leave a while longer?

cleanandclothed Sat 15-Oct-11 21:14:14

Mine took 3 weeks or so. Horrible isn't it sad

pjd Sat 15-Oct-11 21:17:44

Mine also took 3 weeks, or maybe even a little bit more, despite the bleeding finishing after not long at all. I kept doing test after test, wasted so much money on them, so I think it might be worth waiting another week or so to save you some money. Really sorry you are going through this, it's horrible, but when you see that negative on the pregnancy test, hopefully you will feel like you can move on.

frazzled74 Sat 15-Oct-11 22:02:48

thanks, I will wait a week i think otherwise could spend a small fortune, I just want it to feel over!

KatAndKit Sun 16-Oct-11 11:19:57

About two weeks for me, both times. Don't waste too much money on tests though, especially if you are still seeing positives as it is a heartbreaking way to spend money. Get some very cheap tests (Asda have some that are 1.44 for three behind the chemist counter) and just do one a week.

Very sorry for your loss and I hope you see that negative soon. It isn't nice but it does mark the whole awful thing being physically over and it does help with the moving on process.

sooz3101 Sun 16-Oct-11 12:12:45

I had a mc 18 days ago,I had to go to the hospital 10 days after 1st scan and they did a test which was very faint,they told me to do another 1 in a week (which is tomorrow) and if its still pos to phone them,they gave me some testers to take home,Im hoping it will be neg tomorrow so I can start to move on.

Sorry for your loss and hope everything goes ok in the future.

eaglewings Sun 16-Oct-11 12:16:24

I was told 2 to 3 weeks but 8 weeks on I'm waiting!

Sorry to hear about your loss

coccyx Sun 16-Oct-11 12:20:16

one of mine took 6 weeks

PieMistress Sun 16-Oct-11 21:54:02

mine took just shy of 6 weeks sad

gigglepin Sun 16-Oct-11 21:56:03

TBH i didnt bother testing, didnt see the point.

sorry for your loss.

MeKathryn Mon 17-Oct-11 22:32:47

Mine took over 5 weeks too. You can get really cheap pg tests if you google, if that helps. I had high levels of hormones- right for the 11 weeks I was even though the baby died at 7 weeks so I guess that's why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now