Talk

Advanced search

Lengthy low level bleeding after mc - normal?

(3 Posts)
apachepony Tue 11-Oct-11 12:29:04

I miscarried at the start of august, around the 7 week stage, had a medically assisted miscarriage that only worked on 13 august. Unlike first attempt I was fairly sure the second attempt worked so avoided going back to the EPU for a further scan despite follow up calls as had been there 4 times already and it was depressing with long waits.
However, didn't get a proper period just constant brownish discharge that occasionally is heavier and properly bloody. So went back about 3 weeks ago to be told me womb is clear.
However the brown bloody discharge continues. Has this happened to anyone else? Would like to know if it's normal.
Trying to decide whether to go to gp to see if it's something to worry about. Also had brown discharge throughout pregnancy - hence frequent trips to EPU. I assume if there was a lump or something it would have shown during the scan?

CarouselLover Tue 11-Oct-11 18:13:55

I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't be too worried about the bleeding, I continued to bleed smalls amount most days for about 3 months afterwards. My GP said this was normal and it did eventually stop.

On another note though I went from having light, easy periods to having heavy painful ones until I had to go on the implant to stop periods altogether (but I do still get cramps).

If you are concerned then you should definitely see your GP, I did and he was really reassuring and helpful x

apachepony Tue 11-Oct-11 19:50:24

Thanks cl, it's good to hear it's not abnormal. Sorry for your loss too. Gp visit costs 55euro where I live and I am totally broke this month, so might go after pay day if I am still bleeding by then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now