Talk

Advanced search

13 miscarriages

(9 Posts)
chocoholiclou Mon 10-Oct-11 13:50:49

hi, i have suffered my 13th miscarriage on the 27th sept.i feel so low and wondered if there is anyone else who has felt so low after 2 weeks of miscarriage,im feeling lost and dont know what to do sad

LissieLovettsDeliciousPies Mon 10-Oct-11 13:55:46

Hi there, Im also in the unlucky 13 club and its pretty tough to get your head around isnt it? what has your cons suggested? at what stage do you mc?

chocoholiclou Mon 10-Oct-11 14:00:35

hi, i am so sorry for your loses hun,its soo heartbreaking isnt it? ive been to my consultant and they did the standard blood tests but found nothing wrong,i was reffered to st marys in london but i was refused help as i have 3 children already.i miscarry between 6 and 8 weeks and have had to have a d&c every time.i just feel so lost this time i think maybe because i had left it 3 years before trying again and got my hopes up when i saw the heartbeat.

LissieLovettsDeliciousPies Mon 10-Oct-11 14:09:44

have you been tested for ashermans? its quite common with several ERPC's iirc.

I find that I use a lot of black humour to mask my feelings about it. every time I think "maybe" but it doesnt work, so I feel useless and empty again.

chocoholiclou Mon 10-Oct-11 14:42:38

I havnt heard of that hun,ive been advised to go for natural killer cells testing which i will need to pay for private testing,i will look into ashermans.
I feel the same hun but im also feeling guilty because i feel it must be something wrong with me to keep miscarrying,i just wish i knew why especially as i had 3 children and when i had my last baby i caught strep be,i fell pregnant straight away and thats when the miscarriages started.
do you have any children hun?

LissieLovettsDeliciousPies Mon 10-Oct-11 14:51:39

hiya, yes, I have one son. there is a link between strep b and recurrent mc (i also had strep b when ds was born, it got into my uterus) while killer cells testing is wise, this is ashermans. do you get a temp spike?

I feel like Im obliged to keep trying. we have been ttc for 6 years now and Im getting tired now.

chocoholiclou Mon 10-Oct-11 15:17:39

i am pleased to hear you have been blessed with having a child but like me it does not take away the heartache of our miscarriages,i have had a brief look into ashermans and i will look into this further thank you,i am going to look into having the killer cells testing aswell and will keep you updated on the outcome.
I also feel the strong urges to keep trying but not sure how much i can take emotionally and psyically sad

BagofHolly Wed 12-Oct-11 22:44:59

Have you looked up Dr Hassan Shehata? He runs a mc clinic via the NHS and tests/manages NKs. There are other practitioners who do this via NHS and many who you can see privately.

galwaygal Thu 13-Oct-11 14:02:30

chocoholiclou - I am sorry that you are feeling low at this time. I have 3 children and have had 11 miscarriages, I was not declined help from St Mary's due to having children, I find that most strange, they are generally very helpful I thought.

However having done my own research, I believe for me that it could be auto-immune issues and not necessarily related to NKCells. But the treatment is the same, so I am trying to pursuade my consultant to give me prednisolone treatment.

I am truely surprised that you have been given so many ERPC ops, Ashermans could well be an issue now, you need to be investigated in this regard.

Also I must have misunderstood, I take it that your babies stop growing at 6 to 8 weeks and that you then have an ERPC at around 11 or more weeks? They surely don't do an ERPC at 6 weeks? Sorry if it is too difficult to talk about it, just ignore my curiosity.

Give yourself as much TLC as you can, and know that you are not alone in this struggle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now