Talk

Advanced search

feel like crying DH seems to have changed his mind ttc after mmc

(2 Posts)
Nothing7 Sat 08-Oct-11 12:09:19

We had a mmc last month the pregnancy was unplanned but we were happy . Unfortunately the baby had no heartbeat so I had an erpc on 6th sept. We had many conversations around after and decided I would come off the pill but that DH wasn't ready to have a baby yet due to a loan we have and that we could ttc early in new year though I don't want to wait its course. So we were using withdrawal method until about 2 weeks ago - then we were talking about money and worries about mc again and he said let nature take its course then we were on holiday for a week and dtd all week without withdrawal and a couple of days after too but today we dtd and he withdrew so I feel really confused and he said he was being responsible ? I feel really upset and pd off to top it off I think I'm about to AF as had ewcd this morning with blood streaks in it. It will be my first since I mmc'd so feel really sad and now he seems to have changed his mind. I want to tell him I'm upset but feel I can't because I don't want to affect our sex life causing weirdness.but also want to tell him I'm upset as this doesn't feel like letting nature take its course ;(

Is anyone else in this situation or have any advice

IsItMeOr Sat 08-Oct-11 22:06:22

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can totally understand why you and DH are all over the place emotionally at the moment. It took me 6 months to be ready to try again, although I know friends who tried again straight away. So it affects everybody differently.

Honestly, it sounds like your DH is up and down in how he's feeling about having a family. It's a huge responsibility becoming a parent, so imho, it's a good thing to hesitate before jumping in. However, I can see why the way he's behaving would leave you very confused and upset.

You know that you need to tell him how his apparently inconsistent behaviour is leaving you feeling very confused, don't you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now