Talk

Advanced search

operation tomorrow for MMC - any advice?

(5 Posts)
pep124 Thu 06-Oct-11 14:18:15

Will be happening at exactly the same time, and in the same hospital, I was due to be having my 12 week scan.
How will I feel physically after the operation? Was that the right choice rather than the tablets?

KatAndKit Thu 06-Oct-11 16:11:04

For me it was less painful than the tablets and of course you are asleep during it so for me that was less traumatic.
After the operation you may feel a bit dopey from the anaesthetic and of course you will have bleeding to deal with and some period like cramps.

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this and for the awful timing. I hope you feel better soon.

pep124 Thu 06-Oct-11 17:34:12

Thanks kitandkat. Bit scared, but two friends are keeping me company today which is good.x

freelancegirl Thu 06-Oct-11 17:56:42

I had my first ERPC 7 weeks ago, after a previous natural miscarriage and I think you have definitely made the right choice to go with the operation. Emotionally it is awful, I know, but physically it is not really so bad. I was scared of the general anaesthetic but it's fine really and just like having a nice sleep. I was on a ward of people who were quite chatty and the nurses were lovely.

Sorry you are having to go through this but in my experience you can rest assured that physically this is the easiest and least painful way. Make sure someone picks you up after the operation and you have lots of nice food and a blanket to curl up under when you get home. I felt tired for a few days afterwards too - not sure if that was the body adjusting to not being pregnant or the effects after the op.

pep124 Thu 06-Oct-11 22:15:00

Thanks freelance girl. I've got a friend picking me up tomorrow. That will help as my boyfriend lives in dubai, folks in france, and brother in singapore. Know I can do it on my own but nice to know I don't have to. Hope you're ok and recovering emotionally from it all.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now