Talk

Advanced search

just miscarried, come tell me positive stories about healthy pregnancys after miscarriage!

(16 Posts)
frazzled74 Thu 29-Sep-11 13:03:39

feel empty and so sad, the only thing going is thinking that we can try again soon, but i am 38, 3 dcs already so I am very lucky. in the back of my mind i think maybe nature is telling me that im too old and have had my share of babies.

Dartfordmummy Thu 29-Sep-11 18:31:19

Hi Frazzled. Sorry for your loss. I got pregnant the very next month after my miscarriage (the doctor suggested it as apparently your body is still full of hormones which help better with implantation the next month) I've now got a 5 month old DS. Sometimes it just isn't meant to be and i'm sure you're not too old x

coccyx Thu 29-Sep-11 18:32:52

frazzled I have had 13 miscarriages all together but managed to have 2 children after I turned 40.
Good luck for future

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 29-Sep-11 18:33:55

Very sorry to hear your news sad

You're not too old, by a long stretch. I'm just turned 40 <sulk> and 26 weeks pg. Had a mmc in late January this year, was pg by late March. I know how hard it is, but if you want to try again, there is absolutely no reason to assume it would be anything other than a successful pg.

Good luck and look after yourself x

ShowOfHands Thu 29-Sep-11 18:34:34

Oh I'm so sorry. I don't think nature's telling you anything other than it's random and possibly up to 40% of women will go through it. It's a heartbreaking fact of fertility. I'm just sorry it was your 'turn'.

But there are hundreds of thousands of women like me who have been through it and within weeks were pregnant with a healthy, viable baby. I've since conceived and had a dc2 with no problems either.

AnyFucker Thu 29-Sep-11 18:37:04

I am very sorry

I had two mc's in a row, then two healthy pg's

It is true you have a higher likelyhood of mc after the age of 35, but the odds are still very much in your favour that you will have a successful pg than not

Purplebuns Thu 29-Sep-11 18:50:15

I am 17 weeks tomorrow, after two MCs in a row it has taken a year to have a successful (so far) pregnancy after DD. I don't think you are too old and a couple of mc seem normal for many unfortunately. Please don't lose hope one day, one will stick.
I hope you look after yourself and have the space to grieve, mc is so horrible as all your hope and dreams for that little person come to an end.
wine biscuit thanks should hopefully help.

frazzled74 Mon 03-Oct-11 08:57:16

thankyou for reassurance and kind thoughts.

PinkEmily Wed 05-Oct-11 22:14:45

Hi, I only come on these boards occasionally when I'm thinking of my baby girl who came at 15 weeks, almost two years ago now, but just wanted to let you know I got pregnant again two months later and now have a beautiful little girl who is about to turn one. I'm 38 too - don't lose heart, it's frightening to be pg after a mc but if it's meant to be, it will happen for you x

Jacanne Wed 05-Oct-11 22:36:37

So sorry to hear about your m/c. I've had 2 miscarriages - both followed by healthy babies smile My second miscarriage was when I was 39 - DH and I had been trying for number 3 for 2 years, we'd had a couple of chemical pregnancies and then finally managed it only to miscarry. It was awful and I felt that my age must be a factor, wasn't sure if I could carry on trying. I lost the baby at easter (had some problems and bled for 7 weeks after so trying again was delayed) but conceived again by the end of August.

Very best of luck - I was told by the nurse the first time I miscarried that you tend to fall quite quickly after a m/c because your body is all geared up and ready to go - I don't if there is any truth in that, she may well have been just trying to make me feel better.

PacificDogwood Wed 05-Oct-11 22:39:51

So sorry for your loss sad.

I had 3 MCs, followed by 2 DSs, another MC, and another 2 DSs.
I had DS1 aged 37; DS4 aged 44. After each MC I conceived quickly again. No cause has been found.

Nature is not telling you anything.
I hope you feel better soon.
[hugs]

MillontheFloss Thu 06-Oct-11 15:45:55

These stories are all so reassuring! I am soon to be TTC after an MC and these stories have just cheered me up after a rough couple of months of MC/ ERPC/ waiting for AF.

Good luck to others trying again.

frazzled74 Thu 06-Oct-11 21:57:10

very reassuring, thankyou. how soon can i start trying? do i wait for my periods to return? wait until i get a neg pregnancy test result?, just wait for bleeding to stop???

Jacanne Thu 06-Oct-11 22:38:01

I don't think you have to wait for next period though the advise you to - I think to make possible pregnancy easier to date.

MillontheFloss Fri 07-Oct-11 08:37:55

Do get a neg test before ttc though

PinkEmily Sat 08-Oct-11 21:48:17

Just a little word of warning, I'm sure it won't be the case for everyone but after my mc I bled quite heavily for quite a while, and getting pregnant again so soon left me very anaemic by the end. My midwife said it was because my iron stores had been depleted by my mc. There are obviously things you can do to prevent this, but I didn't know and became quite poorly. I would advise anyone now just to be aware of this - although the hospital 'unofficially' told me I could start trying whenever we felt ready xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now