Talk

Advanced search

swimming after miscarriage

(3 Posts)
Dontwipeyournoseonthesofa Wed 21-Sep-11 17:50:45

Hi,
I'm sadly miscarrying a very wanted pregnancy at the moment, and due to go for a scan in a couple of days to check if it's all sorted or if I need a d&c. Either way, they've said that I shouldn't swim when we go on holiday next week, as I'd need to use a tampon, which they don't advise. However, I use a mooncup, so hoped that it would be ok. Nurse was very non-commital, talking about infection risk. Obviously, I don't want to be stupid, but surely if I boil the mooncup properly, it works by makeing a complete seal which would prevent any water getting in, it should be ok??? I have a 2 1/2 year old who has spent the last month talking about swimming every day on holiday-I'd hate to disappoint her....what does anyone think? Reasonably safe or am I being stupid?

susey Wed 21-Sep-11 19:30:21

Sounds safe to me, presuming you won't be keeping the moon cup in for long. Maybe check with your GP?

Mama5isalive Wed 21-Sep-11 20:21:38

Oh im so very sorry for what your going through!
i would use wisdom your not being stupid! at all, you really want to please your dd, maybe go in the water but not al the way!
Be kind to yourself and I hope all works out for you, enjoy your hols! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now